One of the most popular reasons to come to the Smokies is to celebrate a special occasion with the one you love. Whether you’ve just begun your life together and are celebrating your honeymoon or you’re celebrating anniversary number 50, Pigeon Forge is the perfect destination for your romantic retreat. It’s also a great place to spend a quiet weekend for Valentine’s Day or your spouse’s birthday.
No matter what occasion brings you to the Smokies, you’ll find plenty of things to see and do together. But if you need a little help planning, here are 10 activities we recommend to any couple traveling to Pigeon Forge this year.
1. Take your date to Dollywood. With high-octane rides and live, award-worthy entertainment, Dollywood is great place to visit as a couple. You’ll be able to cuddle up on the coasters and enjoy the sights and sounds of all things country at one of the top 50 most visited theme parks in the world!
2. Visit the Titanic Museum Attraction. Step back in time with the one you love at the Titanic Museum in Pigeon Forge. This museum features the original Grand Staircase of the RMS Titanic, as well as more than 400 artifacts from those on board.
3. Check out the Hollywood Wax Museum. How would you like to meet Elvis or Marilyn Monroe? Or maybe you’re more interested in Bradley Cooper or Anne Hathaway. At the Hollywood Wax Museum, you can snap your picture with all of these celebs for a truly unique experience in the Smokies!
4. Spend a day at The Old Mill. This is a great place to bring your significant other for a day of good food and fun! At the The Old Mill, you can watch pottery on the wheel, eat some home-cooked Southern fare, and get your picture taken next to one of the most photographed mills in the country. Then end your day with some homemade candies or ice cream—yum!
5. Picnic in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. There’s so much more than hiking at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park! You can fish, swim, bike, go birdwatching, ride horses, and even take your date on a romantic picnic lunch. The possibilities are endless in this popular park!
6. Take a scenic helicopter tour. For a Smoky Mountain memory neither of you will forget, try a scenic helicopter tour when you come to Pigeon Forge. The view from the tops of these mountains will truly bring you closer together as you take in the natural beauty of the Smokies.
7. Go to a dinner show. Pigeon Forge really does have something for everyone. If you’re wanting big action and rowdy fun, check out the Lumberjack Feud Dinner Show. If you’re wanting something a little more inspirational, try the Biblical Times Dinner Theater with its award-winning cast. And these are just a couple of the various options for dinner shows you’ll find in Pigeon Forge.
8. Visit the Rainforest Adventures Discovery Zoo. Featuring more than 600 animals that represent more than 130 species, the Rainforest Adventures Discovery Zoo is open year-round and has lots to see and do. The zoo is a great place to walk around with your date and enjoy these unique creatures up close and personal.
9. Make a trip to The Island. One of Pigeon Forge’s newest attractions is The Island, where you can ride The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel, play carnival games, shop, and eat some good food. The Island will keep you entertained for hours while you’re in Pigeon Forge.
10. Watch a movie in the cabin. Sometimes the best nights are the simplest. Just being together in a romantic cabin for two, watching a great movie, can be your favorite night of your vacation. So, kick back, relax, and enjoy each other no matter where you end up or what you decide to do. Being together is what it’s all about anyway!