We know what you’re thinking—been there, done that, got the airbrushed t-shirt. Maybe you’ve been traveling to Pigeon Forge for family vacations since you were a kid, and you’re wondering if you’ve seen it all. Well, we can assure you that you haven’t! While popular Pigeon Forge attractions have been around for decades, there are also exciting new attractions opening every year for you and your own kids to enjoy.
So if another visit to Pigeon Forge doesn’t sound all that thrilling, this blog is for you! We’ve put together 5 ways for you to freshen up your family getaway this year. These are ideas to help you explore and experience Pigeon Forge in a brand new way—whether you’re coming for the first time in a while or your 15th year in a row. And, of course, keep up with our Pigeon Forge blog throughout the year to find out about the latest and greatest events and attractions you don’t want to miss.
- Pick a new cabin. If you’ve been visiting Pigeon Forge with your family for several years in a row, it’s likely that you’ve settled into some habits. You have your favorite restaurants, like The Old Mill or the Log Cabin Pancake House. You always make a visit to the Tanger Outlets in Sevierville. And you always stay at the same cabin. Well, one of the easiest ways to freshen up this year’s vacation is to stay someplace new! Check out our ever-increasing inventory of Pigeon Forge cabins or talk to our reservation specialists to find the cabin that best fits your needs. If you’re used to a cabin by the lake, try a cabin in the mountains instead. If you’re used to traveling with just the kids, try a pet-friendly cabin and let them bring their best friend along as well. You might even find that 2016 is a good year to splurge—maybe there’s a special event your family is celebrating or a milestone anniversary. If so, try one of our luxury cabins or cabins with special amenities like private indoor pool, rec rooms loaded with games, and impressive home theaters. Whatever you decide, you can’t go wrong with our Pigeon Forge cabins!
- Eat somewhere new. Just like it’s a temptation to always stay in the same cabin, you’ll find yourself revisiting the same Pigeon Forge restaurants year after year. The old standbys include Alamo Steakhouse, Bennett’s BBQ, Bullfish Grill, and Calhoun’s. But if you’re wanting to liven things up and try something new, why not visit one of Pigeon Forge’s newest additions, like Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen at The Island? After opening in recent years, this down-home restaurant has become a quick favorite with Pigeon Forge residents and guests. Enjoy a family-style breakfast, lunch, or dinner at Paula’s Deen’s restaurant. You’ll have more than enough food for the whole family to enjoy!
- Try something different. Paula Deen’s restaurant isn’t the only new addition to Pigeon Forge in recent years. The attraction where you’ll find this restaurant (and many more)—The Island—is also only a few years old. At The Island, there’s plenty to see and do to add some excitement to your Pigeon Forge getaway. You can take a ride on the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel, one of the tallest attractions in the entire Southeast. You can test your skills at The Escape Game, where you’ll work with your group to escape from a locked room. Or you can relax in front of the state-of-the-art water show fountain, which lights up the Smoky Mountain sky in a dazzling display all evening long. Bring the whole family for a full day of fun at The Island!
- Pamper yourself. Did you know that when you stay at our Pigeon Forge cabins you can indulge in special add-ons like a romantic meal for 2 delivered to your cabin door or an in-cabin massage? If you’ve never done this before, this year’s visit to Pigeon Forge is the perfect time to go the extra mile and do something special—especially if you’re visiting the Smokies with that special someone. Ask our reservation specialists about gift baskets and romantic additions you can add to your Pigeon Forge cabin experience. Roses, chocolates, sparkling cider, and more—these are just a few ways you can spice up your getaway this year!
- Get outside. If you’ve been visiting Pigeon Forge for years, you probably already know that one of the best features of this part of the country is its natural outdoor beauty. But if you’ve been visiting for years, you probably need to be reminded to get back out and enjoy it every once in a while! Don’t take for granted that you’ve seen these mountains before. Try a new hike or bike trail. Go horseback riding instead. Visit a swimming hole with the family. Whatever you do, just make your Smoky Mountain experience fresh by getting outside and seeing the blooms, the falls, the creeks, and the scenery in a brand new way!