Leaves are changing. Temperatures are dropping. And—best of all—pumpkin spice lattes are back on the menu! Although we hate to say goodbye to those long days of sunlight and summertime fun, we can’t wait to say hello to everything fall has in store—especially in Pigeon Forge!
Pigeon Forge is your perfect destination for a fall getaway this year. Enjoy beautiful fall foliage on the rolling hills of the Great Smoky Mountains and the refreshing feel of crisp mountain air. What else is great about fall in Pigeon Forge? Check out these 8 ways to enjoy the changing of the seasons this year.
- Drink hot coffee or tea on your rocking chair porch. Nearly all of our Pigeon Forge cabins come with rocking chair porches, where you can enjoy your favorite fall beverage on those crisp mornings or cool afternoons. Swap stories about your day or make plans for the one ahead while enjoying time together in your Smoky Mountain home away from home.
- Enjoy the changing leaves from your cabin with mountain views. One of the best ways to enjoy fall in Pigeon Forge is to rent one of our cabins with mountain views. From your porch you can enjoy not only the cooler temperatures, but also the gorgeous array of colors famous to the Smokies during the autumn months.
- Turn on your fireplace for a relaxing night in the cabin. At Pigeon Forge Cabins, we want your getaway to be comfortable, relaxing, and luxurious, so many of our cabins come with gas or wood-burning fireplaces. Whether you’re looking to make this a romantic retreat with the one you love or a cozy space to enjoy some family time, check out our cabins with fireplaces for your fall getaway.
- Relax on the porch in your private hot tub. Another favorite amenity for enjoying the cooler temperatures of the fall is an outdoor hot tub, where you can take a relaxing soak amidst the beauty of the great outdoors. The good news is, almost all of our cabins come with their very own hot tub, so make plans to stay with us and we’ll make sure you have everything you need to make your Pigeon Forge getaway extra special this year.
- Make your favorite soup recipe in the cabin. Feeding a group of guests doesn’t have to be a challenge when you stay at one of our cabins with a fully-loaded kitchen. You can easily find the equipment you need to make a pot of soup—whether it’s your Grandma’s chicken noodle recipe or your favorite rendition of chili— and then enjoy the cooler weather with a steaming cup of it in your hands.
- Explore the fall décor on the streets of downtown Pigeon Forge. The Smoky Mountain Harvest Festival—a fall celebration of the harvest season with special decorations, events, and displays—will continue through October 31, 2015, on the streets of downtown Pigeon Forge. Explore the decorations for yourself by walking the sidewalks, checking out the shops, and enjoying the tastes and sights of downtown this fall.
- Take the kids on a hay ride in the national park. If you’re looking for the perfect way to experience the beauty of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park this fall, plan to take the family on a hay ride through Cades Cove. You’ll get to see the gorgeous fall foliage for yourself on a guided tour and enjoy the cool autumn breeze that only comes this time of year.
- Visit the Pigeon Forge Rotary Club Craft Fair at Patriot Park. From September 26, 2015, through October 24, 2015, bring your crew to visit the Rotary Club Craft Fair at Patriot Park, located just behind the Old Mill Restaurant. This fair features handmade items from some of the area’s most talented artists and crafters. Enjoy free admission and perfect weather at this fall event in the Smokies.