Whether it’s in writing or not, we all have a bucket list. You know, a list of things you want to do before you “kick the bucket.” For some, it’s diving with sharks, jumping out of a plane, walking on coals, seeing important historic landmarks, or learning a new language. For others, it’s taking a cooking class, learning to paint, changing 1 person’s life, or traveling to a new country. From high-adrenaline fun to just trying something new, your bucket list can be anything you want it to be.
While you probably have a lot of ideas for your own list, we think the Smokies is a great place to check off a few (or think of some new ones!). We’ve whipped up our own bucket list for Pigeon Forge this summer, and we hope you jump in and add a few (or all of them) to your own must-do list! You may just find that you can check a lot of the “I’ve always wanted to do that” items off your bucket list!
- Stop an art thief. If you’ve ever wanted to feel like James Bond for a day, The Escape Game is the place to go. In The Heist, you have 1 hour to stop an art thief from getting away with a priceless piece of art. And just like James Bond, if you succeed, you’ll be a hero. If you don’t meet your mission in time, you’ll be on the run again like a criminal!
- Meet a celebrity. With a celebrity “Mount Rushmore” and King Kong to greet you, the Hollywood Wax Museum boasts an impressive lineup of celebrities for you to pose with. Pose with Julia Roberts on the red carpet, hang out next to treasure with Captain Jack Sparrow, get a cup of coffee from Elvis Presley, shoot hoops with Michael Jordan, or flex your muscles next to Hulk Hogan.
- Go rock climbing. At WonderWorks, kids and adults can make their way to the top of the climbing wall and challenge others to see who can conquer it first!
- Touch an iceberg. If you’ve ever driven by the huge Titanic Museum Attraction in Pigeon Forge and thought it was impressive, you need to visit and explore more. Inside, you’ll get the boarding pass of an actual passenger, walk the Grand Staircase, and even stand on a sloping deck. And you can even touch a real iceberg!
- Face a fear. If your fear is the same as mine – riding a ferris wheel – The Island in Pigeon Forge is the perfect place to conquer it. The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel stands 200 feet above the city, boasting awesome views and fully-enclosed gondolas instead of the open seats of carnival rides.
- Lie on a bed of nails. Stepping on a nail is obviously not on our to-do list, but we’ve always been secretly jealous of the magic show performers who impress with their crazy feats. At WonderWorks, you can lie on a bed of 3,500 nails!
- Fly in a helicopter. Scenic Helicopter Tours will take you high above the city and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and you can choose from several different rides like the River Ride, Ridge Runner, and the Gatlinburg Tour.
- Throw a touchdown pass to an NFL player. In the Virtual Sports section of WonderWorks, you can see how you stack up against the pros. Pitch to an MLB player, throw a 50-yard pass to an NFL player, or kick the winning soccer goal!
- Go skydiving. If skydiving is on your bucket list but you haven’t quite built up to jumping out of an actual plane, head over to Flyaway Indoor Skydiving in Pigeon Forge. They’ll suit you up, show you what to do, and give you the experience of a lifetime with a flight in an indoor wind tunnel! It’s the sensation of skydiving – minus the danger and fear of jumping out of an airplane.
- Fly in a stunt plane. Okay, it’s not actually a stunt plane, but the thrill of Barnstormer at Dollywood will give you the same sensation! You’ll flip upside down and swing around – rotating 230 degrees at 45 miles an hour and 81 feet in the air!
- Try a new food. There are just a few days left in Dollywood’s Festival of Nations for 2017 (through April 9), but you can always start planning your trip for next year! During this incredible celebration, you can experience music, food, culture, art, and dancing from all around the world. Enjoy tastes from Africa, Ireland, Ecuador, and more.
- Face a zombie. Located next to the Hollywood Wax Museum, Outbreak: Dread the Undead is a terrifying (and fun) zombie experience. You’ll work your way through the chemical lab, where zombies follow you and pop up around every turn.
More Advice & Tips:
Visiting Pigeon Forge cabins in January ...
Are you on the search for an adventure o...
Boasting more than $10,000 in cash and p...
Concerts in Pigeon Forge Get out of the...
If you’re coming to the Pigeon Forge are...
Kids and adults eagerly await summertime...