Summertime in Pigeon Forge means feeling hot, hot, hot! If you’re not from the South, get ready for some hot and humid days during your Smoky Mountain stay. But no need to fear! Check out these tips on how you can stay safe and have lots of fun even when that thermometer just keeps a climbin’!
• Bring the Right Gear. One of the first things you need to do to guarantee your Smoky Mountain getaway remains comfortable and full of fun is pack the right gear before you come. You’ll want to make sure you have sunglasses, hats, sunscreen, shorts, lightweight T-shirts, and reusable water bottles. You may even want to bring a backpack so you have a convenient place to store some of these items when you go hiking in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park or visit Dollywood. And, of course, you’ll want to pack your bathing suit. The Smokies has tons of great options for cooling down—keep reading to find out more!
• Plan for Cool Activities. The Smoky Mountains is one of the best places to bring your family for a splashin’ good time this summer! Check out some or all of the following attractions for a great time and a great way to bring those body temperatures back down!
– Rafting the Pigeon River
– Visiting Dollywood’s Splash Country
– Swimming in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
– Tubing down the Smokey Mountain River
For more cool ideas on outdoor water adventures in the Smokies, click here. You might also plan for some indoor adventures this summer like visiting Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies or checking out the Titanic Museum Attraction, where you can really cool down with the chance to touch a real iceberg and 28-degree water! The options are endless for summertime fun when you visit the Smokies!
• Stay in a Wet ‘n Wild Cabin. The best way for you to stay cool and guarantee your group has a great time this summer is to rent one of our water-friendly cabins. Cabins with pool access or—even better—their very own private pool are perfect options for your stay! We have five properties in Pigeon Forge with their own pools. Click here for more information on those. We also have cabins along the river, like River Retreat. No matter what you’re looking for, Pigeon Forge Cabins has what you need! Be sure to call on of our reservation specialists today at 1-866-513-7885 for more information or help booking your summertime stay.