If you have a young daughter and you are looking for a way to provide her with a Smoky Mountain memory she will always remember, then be sure to check out the 3rd annual “Night at the Titanic” Sleepover at the Titanic Museum Attraction in Pigeon Forge. At this event, young girls will have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to spend the night aboard the RMS Titanic! They will get to explore the museum at night, and the Titanic Museum crew will share fun and interesting stories from the ship. They might even hear a few ghost tales during their all-access tour of the ship!
Girls wanting to participate will need to bring their own sleeping bag and snacks. The museum will provide a commemorative patch, a PG-rated movie for the girls to watch, and all the excitement to keep the girls entertained throughout the evening. The cost is $30 per person, and this event will take place Friday, October 2, 2015, from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. To register, call (800) 381-7670—and do this quickly because this event will sell out soon! (Note: Girls who plan to attend who are not part of a troop will need to bring a female chaperone.)
With games, a movie, photo opportunities, and a special tour of the Titanic Museum Attraction, girls will love this exciting night in Pigeon Forge! They’ll have the museum all to themselves, meet new friends, and make memories to last a lifetime.
Other Upcoming Events at the Museum
The annual sleepover is not the only exciting event scheduled at the Titanic Museum Attraction in Pigeon Forge for 2015. For a complete list, check out the museum’s Events Page. Or you can check out our list below for a quick teaser:
• Titanic Bible on Display—From now until December 2015, the only Bible saved from a Titanic passenger is on display. It belonged to a Knoxville, Tenn., passenger named Rev. Robert Bateman. Church groups are welcome to book for this event. Contact Group Sales for more information on bringing a large party to the museum.
• Book Signing with Lowell Lytle—From July 3–August 8 (call 800-381-7670 for exact schedule), you can meet and greet with the oldest person to ever dive the two-and-a-half miles below the surface in the Atlantic Ocean to the wreckage of the RMS Titanic. Besides a signed copy of his book, this opportunity will also give you the chance to experience his entertaining and inspiring portrayal of Captain E. J. Smith.
• Pastor Appreciation Days—During Pastor Appreciation Days (October 1–October 31), all pastors will be honored guests at the Titanic Museum Attraction. This is also an opportunity to tell the stories of religious leaders on board the Titanic who provided passengers with comfort and hope that fateful night in 1912.
• Veterans Appreciation Days—From November 5–November 14 (also known as Veterans Weeks), all past or present military personnel will receive FREE admission with military ID. Family members and other guests in the party will receive the regular military discount as well. This is the museum’s way of saying thank you to these brave men and women who have served and continue to serve our country.
• Christmas and Winter Celebration—The magical Christmas season is a favorite time to visit the Titanic Museum. Decorated inside and out, the Titanic displays the true colors and festive spirit of the holiday from November 1–December 31. Come enjoy the glittering lights for a Christmas picture with the kids that you will treasure for years to come!