Looking for the perfect place to splash around this summer? Head to Dollywood’s Splash Country! Celebrating their 15th anniversary in 2015, Splash Country is Tennessee’s premier outdoor water park with 23 wet and wild rides to entertain the entire family.
Thrill seekers should check out the 70-foot-tall speed slides known as Fire Tower Falls and the Mountain Scream body slide. Those who want a more relaxing way to cool down should rent a private cabana next to the 8,000-square-foot leisure pool, the Cascades. Even the kids have a perfect place to enjoy their family vacation with Little Creek Falls. Whether you’re traveling with friends or family, you won’t find a better place in the Smokies to have fun and cool down than one of the area’s top attractions – Splash Country!
Tips and Tricks
Before you make plans to visit Dollywood’s Splash Country, here are a few tips and tricks you may want to know ahead of time to make the day at the attraction hassle-free and full of fun!
- If you’re traveling with kids, check out the minimum height requirements on Splash Country’s Rides page. You may want to warn little ones ahead of time if there are rides they can’t go on just yet.
- Dollywood’s Splash Country color codes their rides to make it easy for you to plan your day (or days) of fun. A red triangle is for the dare devils of your group. An orange diamond is for moderate thrills. The yellow circle is for milder attractions, and a green square indicates shallow water and/or slower rides.
- With all the activity Splash Country has to offer, you’re bound to get hungry. Although you can’t bring food into the park, you’ll find plenty of options from pizzerias to grills inside the park. Kid-friendly meals are also available at many of these restaurants.
- Staying hydrated is an extremely important part of spending a day of fun in the sun, so Splash Country makes complimentary cups of water available to you at all the park’s restaurants and food stands. Bottled water is also available for purchase.
- If you want to avoid keeping up with your wallet or purse while enjoying Splash Country, try their Sunny Money cashless wristband payment system. Visit their Sunny Money page for more information.
- Be sure to check the park’s Trip Tips page for regulations on dress and footwear, as well as more information on how to make your trip to the park fun-filled and worry free!
When and Where
Splash Country is located in Pigeon Forge in a 35-acre mountain “hollow” connected to Dollywood. The first weekend the park will be open for the 2015 season is May 16-17. Starting May 23, the park will be open Sunday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and then from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. beginning June 13. For more information on the waterpark’s schedule, visit the Dates and Hours page on their website.