Pigeon Forge is a popular destination for summer vacation. Why? Well, there are a number of reasons that this beautiful city with a view of the Smoky Mountains is visited by millions of people a year. The #1 reason of course is the Smoky Mountains. The gorgeous views are perfect for reconnecting with nature and the beauty of God’s creation. With access to the most visited national park in the United States, it’s no wonder the mountains make Pigeon Forge such a possible summer destination.
Pigeon Forge is also central to many states and it features lots to do for many different ages. The adults in your group can enjoy the beautiful scenery, the peaceful hikes in the Smokies, and the relaxing ambiance of a Pigeon Forge cabin. The young ones in your group have plenty of activities available to them that can keep them super busy.
Here’s a list of summer activities in Pigeon Forge for kids:
- Go tubing down the Pigeon river
- Play put-put, ride go-karts, and play video games
- Try horse back riding in the Smoky Mountains
- Have fun at Dollywood theme park and Splash Country outdoor water park
Here’s a list of fun summer activities for teenagers and young adults:
- Bungee jump in Pigeon Forge
- Try white water rafting down the Pigeon River
- Experience ziplining in the Smoky Mountains
Here’s a list of fun summer activities in Pigeon Forge for the adults in your group:
- Taste test moonshine from the only legal moonshine distillery around
- Go for an exhilarating hike in the Smoky Mountains
- Visit some of the great wineries in town
- Shop till you drop at the Outlet Malls
- Take an off-road Hummer tour
There’s plenty of fun available during the summer in Pigeon Forge and we’ve listed some of the few things you may want to do when you come into town. But don’t be fooled, there’s a lot going on around here. The city is bustling with fun activities for you and your group. Pigeon Forge is a great place to spend your summer vacation.
If you enjoyed reading this post you might also enjoy taking a look at the 2011 calendar of events.
More Advice & Tips:
The annual Stringtime in the Smokies eve...
With hit country songs from the 60’s, 70...
The most visited national park in the U....
Who said girls were the only ones who wa...
Adding to its already bustling tourist c...
Taking a vacation isn’t always all fun a...