Year-round, the Titanic Museum Attraction in Pigeon Forge offers guests an opportunity to step back in time, experience history in an incredibly hands-on way, learn more about the people behind the stories of the RMS Titanic, and have some fun in Pigeon Forge. The larger-than-life attraction on the Parkway in Pigeon Forge is impossible to miss when driving by, and the interiors are just as impressive as the incredible exterior.
Each guest gets a boarding pass to start the self-guided tour, which is the boarding pass of an actual RMS Titanic passenger or crew member. At the end of the tour, guests will discover “their fate” in the Titanic Memorial Room that features the names of the 2,208 people aboard the ship that fateful night of April 14, 1912. During the tour, experience:
- Viewing $4.5+ million worth of Titanic artifacts
- Walking the exact replica of the Grand Staircase
- Shoveling coal in the boiler room
- Touching a real iceberg
- Feeling 28-degree water
- Learning how to send an SOS signal
- Standing on the ship’s sloping decks
- Sitting in a life-size lifeboat
Spring 2017 Events at the Titaniac Museum
From the celebration of the 20th anniversary of James Cameron’s blockbuster movie Titanic and the world-exclusive display of stewardess Mabel Bennett’s beaver lamb coat to the annual Irish Month celebration and the Titanic gathering for enthusiasts, spring (and summer) 2017 at the Titanic Museum Attraction in Pigeon Forge is jam-packed.
2017 Titaniac Gathering | $150 | April 7 – 8, 2017 | reservations required
- Meet Helen Benziger, Margaret “Molly” Brown’s great-granddaughter
- Have First Class Dinner in the “secret” dining room
- Meet Captain Lowell Lytle
- Get 2 days’ Titanic admission
- Take a photo on the Grand Staircase
- Receive a Memory Book
- Enjoy a presentation of the Titanic “Voices”
20th anniversary celebration of James Cameron’s Titanic | June 15 – Labor Day | limited time
As the 20th anniversary of the blockbuster movie approaches, the Titanic Museum Attraction in Pigeon Forge is celebrating in a big way. This summer, plan a trip to Pigeon Forge and see many of the actual costumes from the movie on display at the museum!
Mabel Bennett’s coat on display | limited time
The Titanic Museum Attraction in Pigeon Forge has once again received the first exclusive rights to display a one-of-a-kind artifact from the RMS Titanic! The coat that Bennett wore in lifeboat #5, to be auctioned April 2017 by Henry Aldridge & Sons Auction House in England, will be on display at the Titanic – just another unique addition to the incredible display here!
A Night at the Titanic Sleepover | May 5, 2017 | reservations required
The Girl Scouts were formed in May 1912, just about a month after the sinking of the RMS Titanic. Girl Scouts today can learn more about the earliest Girl Scouts – and the young women aboard the ship – at the annual Night at the Titanic Sleepover May 5, 2017. Girls will get a tour, hear stories about the ship’s passengers, and more!
Fast Facts about the Titanic
- Part of the White Star Line
- Departed April 10, 1912 from Southampton for New York City
- Built by Harland and Wolff of Belfast
- Cost $7.5 million
- Hit an iceberg April 14, 1912 in the Atlantic Ocean
- Sank 2 hours 40 minutes later
- Accommodations for: 833 First Class passengers, 614 Second Class passengers, and 1,006 Third Class passengers
- 900+ crew members
- Grand Staircase went down 7 of the 10 decks
- Also carried cargo for Royal Mail and the United States Post Office Department
- 20 lifeboats, with capacities between 40 and 65 – only enough for 1,178 people (1/3 of those aboard)
- Received 6 iceberg warnings during the trip
- World’s largest passenger ship and largest man-made moving object on Earth at the time
- Captain Edward Smith’s last words were “Well boys, you’ve done your duty and done it well. I ask no more of you. I release you. You know the rule of the sea. It’s every man for himself now, and God bless you.”
- 20,000 bottles of beer, 1,500 bottles of wine, and 8,000 cigars on board
- The RMS Titanic wreckage was found in 1985 off the coast of Newfoundland
More Advice & Tips:
Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg celebrate Ha...
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We’ve been ...
If you’ve never visited Pigeon Forge, yo...
The town of Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, is ...
“When the sun goes down, we’ll be groovi...
Cal Ripken Baseball Complex 405 Jake Th...