Twinkling lights, jolly characters, holiday events, cheerful tunes, mountain gifts, and cozy cabins await this Christmas in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee! Christmas in the Smoky Mountains is an experience unlike any other. With so many fun things to do in town, special performances at attractions, seasonal foods, decorations galore, along with a gorgeous mountain backdrop, it’s no wonder our cabins book far in advance for this favorite holiday. Start planning your Christmas vacation in the Smoky Mountains today — before all the cabins are booked!
Holiday Events in the Smokies
Along with plenty of Christmasy activities in downtown Pigeon Forge — like playing at Pigeon Forge Snow, visiting The Incredible Christmas Place (a year-round Christmas shop), or seeing a Christmas show at a local dinner theater — there are plenty of holiday events to keep everyone entertained on your Christmas vacation in the Smoky Mountains.
Dollywood Smoky Mountain Christmas | Nov 6, 2021 – Jan 2, 2022
Famous for roller coasters, local crafts, live music, and spectacular seasonal events, Dollywood presents its Smoky Mountain Christmas with lights, shows, and Glacier Ridge — featuring a towering motion Christmas tree!
Winterfest | Nov 11, 2021 – Feb 15, 2022
Cruise the Parkway through 3 neighboring towns — Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg — fully decorated for the Christmas season with millions of holiday lights, decorative displays, wreaths, trees, Santas, reindeer, elves, snowmen…you name it!
Great Smoky Holiday Arts & Crafts Festival | Nov 29 – Dec 4
Handcrafted gifts for all ages can be found at this holiday arts and crafts festival in Gatlinburg that features handmade trinkets, decorations, garments, jewelry, and oh-so-much more to browse, pick, and purchase for Christmas.
Fantasy of Lights Parade | Dec 3
An annual Gatlinburg Christmas parade with Santa hats, marching bands, musicians, dancers, giant balloons, and prancing ponies, Fantasy of Lights celebrates the season and welcomes Santa Claus to Gatlinburg!
Christmas in the Smokies Bluegrass Festival | Dec 8-11
Packed with bluegrass bands every year — like The Crowe Brothers, Deeper Shade of Blue, and Bluegrass Mountaineers — enjoy a merry time of classic mountain entertainment with Christmasy vibes at this holiday music festival in Pigeon Forge.
Festival of Christmas Past | Dec 11
Step back in time to experience Christmas like never before at this annual festival in Gatlinburg that showcases storytelling, craft demos, classic music, harp singing, activities for kids, plus historic toys and games.
Winter Magic Tunes and Tales | TBA (usually on weekends in December until Christmas)
Encounter storytellers dressed in full makeup from head to toe, harmonizing Christmas carolers, and classic characters — like Rudolph, Frosty, and Santa’s elves — along the whimsical Parkway in downtown Gatlinburg.
10 Fun Things to Do at Your Cabin for Christmas
Spending time with loved ones at your cabin rental for Christmas involves more than mountain views, a crackling fireplace, and presents. Whether you want a quiet and calm Christmas vacation with your family in the mountains or a more active stay with loads of activities and amenities to keep your group entertained, Pigeon Forge TN Cabins has what you seek.
With 450+ cabin options that range from 1-16 bedrooms and budget-friendly to luxury, take your pick. Many are even decorated for Christmas — how magical! Just remember to book before it’s too late… Christmas is a popular holiday to visit the Smoky Mountains after all. What are some fun things to do at your cabin for Christmas? We’ve narrowed it down to our top 10 favs!
- Soak in the steamy hot tub while gazing at the snow-capped mountain views.
- Bake and decorate holiday cookies in the fully equipped kitchen.
- Sip cocoa creations — with marshmallows, hot fudge, and peppermint — by the warm fireplace.
- Watch your favorite holiday movies, like Elf, The Santa Claus, and Home Alone, in the home theater.
- Swim in your private indoor pool that’s available year-round for a splashy holiday!
- Play arcade games, pool, air hockey, or foosball in your loaded rec room.
- Take a hot bubble bath in your indoor jetted tub with a Christmas podcast and a pine-scented candle.
- Wrap up in a blanket, sit in the rocking chairs, and drink eggnog or hot cider.
- Read a Christmas story to the kiddos piled on your plush king-size bed.
- Put on a Santa suit, place presents under the tree, and nosh on MORE cookies!
Christmas Cabin Tips
When staying at a cabin for the holidays, there are a few things to remember to help everything run smoothly. Feel free to reference our top Christmas cabin tips before packing up and heading to the Smokies for your holiday vacation.
- Ask if your cabin is decorated before you pack. You can bring your own decorations if it isn’t or even if you just want to add your own touch to your Christmas in the Smoky Mountains. Just don’t use nails or anything that could cause permanent damage to the vacation home.
- Plan out any holiday meals in advance and grab ingredients in town when you first arrive. Holiday seasons tend to bring out the crowds at grocery stores, especially in a tourist town.
- Prepare and wrap any presents before you go so you can focus on spending quality time with everyone (including yourself) on vacation.
Ready to plan your memorable Christmas vacation in the Smoky Mountains? Book online or call 866.513.7885 to get the snowball rolling!
More Advice & Tips:
Why Pigeon Forge Will Keep You Coming B...
If you are coming to the Smoky Mountains...
The holidays are great, but they can als...
Ah, it’s finally here — the chance ...
Happy Holidays…almost. Halloween is fa...
Thanksgiving! This holiday brings togeth...