The Parkway in Pigeon Forge is lined with dozens of attractions for any type of getaway – a honeymoon, a peaceful escape of your own, a church retreat, or a weekend away with friends. But Pigeon Forge is well known for being a great destination for families. If you’re traveling as a couple, for a bachelor party, or for a girls’ getaway, you may want to check out the wineries, distilleries, helicopter tours, or horse-drawn carriage rides. But if you’re coming for a family vacation that’s fun for you and your kids, you’ll want to find attractions that will keep you all entertained at the same time. Read on for ideas on what to do during your family vacation to the Smoky Mountains. These 20 family-friendly attractions in Pigeon Forge are great for almost any age!
- Enjoy the thrill of skydiving (without jumping out of a plane!) at Flyaway Indoor Skydiving in Pigeon Forge.
- Feed goats or mine for precious gems and stones at Goats on the Roof – a unique attraction the kids will be talking about all the way home!
- Play the classic games of your youth or the newest arcade games your kids love at Arcade City at The Island in Pigeon Forge.
- Speed along the three-level track at Adventure Raceway, or let the little ones try bumper boats to cool off.
- At Dollywood Theme Park, find rides and shows for all ages. Grab a snack, sit down for a nice meal, or enjoy bluegrass, rock ‘n’ roll, Southern gospel, and country at one of the 30 performances daily!
- In summer, keep cool at Dollywood’s Splash Country. It boasts water features and splash pads for the little ones, pools, a lazy river, rides, and canopy areas where you can eat, cool off, and relax.
- The younger kids will love a ride on the Flying Horse Carousel, and adults will appreciate the nostalgia of this classic ride.
- There are many opportunities for outdoor fun in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, including fishing, hiking (with some stroller-friendly trails), picnicking, and more.
- WonderWorks will amaze kids and adults of all ages with hands-on exhibits, including: Natural Disasters, Physical Challenge Zone, Light & Sound Zone, Space Discovery, Imagination Lab, Far Out Art Gallery, and the new Forensic Science exhibit!
- At the Hollywood Wax Museum, you’ll find celebrities ranging from today’s pop stars to the Hollywood starlets from yesteryear. Play trivia and pose with your favorite TV, movie, sports, and music stars!
- If you want some history and fun, head to the Titanic Museum Attraction, where you’ll tour the RMS Titanic as a passenger or crew member. You can touch an iceberg, try to stand straight on the sinking ship, see artifacts from the actual Titanic and its passengers, and pose on the Grand Staircase. There is even the Tot-Titanic area for the younger kids.
- A new attraction in Pigeon Forge, Outbreak: Dread the Undead is a haunted walk-through that adults and older kids will love. The zombies in the biotech lab will thrill and scare you the whole way.
- The 86,000-square-foot Pigeon Forge Community Center has basketball courts, a walking track, a 10-lane bowling alley, and indoor and outdoor pools. It’s enough to keep the whole family entertained.
- On the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel, enjoy fantastic views 200 feet above the city. The glassed-in gondolas are great for all ages, and the wheel even changes colors at night.
- The Island in Pigeon Forge boasts shops, celebrity-owned restaurants, rides for little kids, a ropes course, and games for all ages. It’s the perfect place to spend a whole day just exploring and playing.
- You can have a big Southern meal, get some ice cream, and check out the historic mill at The Old Mill in Pigeon Forge.
- Watch ESPN athletes and the incredible world champion Timberdogs at the Lumberjack Feud in Pigeon Forge. You’ll be amazed at their skill and enjoy a hearty meal!
- Everyone will love putting around at Adventure Golf on the Parkway. The two 18-hole courses feature challenging holes and whimsical figures throughout.
- At Tanger Outlets, you can get great deals on brand-name merchandise. Don’t think this one is for the kids? Take them by one of the toy stores to pick out something to take home, and treat them with fudge, pretzels, ice cream, or cinnamon buns!
- Your Pigeon Forge cabin can be an attraction all its own, with some offering game tables, pools, and big screen TVs!
More Advice & Tips:
While the excitement of the holidays may...
You probably know Pigeon Forge, TN best ...
The whole nation has been experiencing a...
Most people like to do some shopping on ...
The winter layers are starting to come o...
The mountains are calling and it is time...