Whether your new year resolution is to become healthier, make more time for family fun, be a more connected friend, or be more adventurous and outdoorsy, the Smoky Mountains is an incredible place to start 2019 with all the momentum you need to meet your goals!
Inspiring beauty of the mountains combined with the extraordinary number of fun things to do in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg provide visitors with a wide array of ways to celebrate New Year’s Eve before getting the New Year going with a rewarding, scenic hike, a sublimely relaxing spa day in the cabin, an adventurous day in Dollywood, and more. Here are our top 5 ways to celebrate the coming New Year and getting 2019 started on the right foot:
- Pop the Champagne in a Pigeon Forge Cabin with FriendsWe have all been to those lackluster New Year’s Eve parties that we ended up leaving before midnight even struck. Go big this year with a party that all your friends will love and talk about for the entire year of 2019 in a mid-size cabin or large group lodge! Splitting the cost of one of these cabins makes them very affordable and no one has to stress about playing host in their house.Caravan to the cabin with a few cars or take the group in the church van to celebrate the coming year with breathtaking views, fun amenities like indoor pools and rec rooms, and a fully loaded kitchen where the group can prepare all the party hors d’oeuvres. You can also have your celebratory champagne without worry about anyone getting home safely.
The first day of 2019 will begin with all your favorite people in the cabin where you can relax for a laid back, late-morning pancake breakfast or hit up one of Pigeon Forge’s delicious breakfast spots, like Flapjack’s or Sawyer’s.
- Celebrating with a Night Out in Pigeon ForgeInstead of hosting a party in the cabin with your group of friends, hit the downtown Parkway of Pigeon Forge! There are plenty of fun bars and restaurants, including The Roaming Gnome, Iron Boar Saloon, Blaine’s & Club 812. Many of these locations boast large bars, multiple TVs to watch the ball drop, darts, pool tables, and dance floors. So rest up and spend the last day of 2018 relaxing in the outdoor hot tub, watching movies in the cozy living room, and sipping on ice cold sweet tea while lounging on the back deck and enjoying gorgeous mountain views before hitting the town that night! You can also check out Uber and Lyft for rides in the area.If you are bringing in the New Year with your girls, put together a rejuvenating spa day with luxurious soaks in the outdoor hot tub, face masks, and in-cabin massages. Or start 2019 with a guys’ fishing or hunting trip because your Pigeon Forge, Tennessee Cabin is conveniently located near prime trout-filled streams and hunting grounds near the beautiful Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- A Magical Parade of Lights in DollywoodWhile Christmas has already passed, Dollywood keeps their light displays – consisting of millions of lights – up throughout the park until January 31! Each evening during Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas, the Parade of Many Colors marches through the streets with incredible floats, performers, and an additional million brightly-colored lights for a magical parade the kids will absolutely love.After spending the last day of 2018 riding roller coasters, eating decadent holiday treats, and staying in constant awe of the lights, bring the kids back to the cabin and tuck their tired bodies into bed. Once the little ones are fast asleep, you can enjoy bringing in a quiet New Year with your special someone, cuddling with glasses of wine in front of a warm fire dancing in the stone fireplace.
On New Year’s Eve, be sure to wait and visit Dollywood after 3 p.m. – first, you can see all the magical lights once it’s dark outside, and second, if you go after 3 p.m. you get the next day in the park FREE! So you can end one year and begin the next having a ton of fun in Dollywood!
- Multi-Family Party in a Pigeon Forge CabinMany of our 3-5 bedroom cabins are absolutely perfect to vacation with one or two other small families for a family-friendly New Year’s party in the Smokies you can split the cost of! The kids will love having their friends in the cabin to play games, splash in a private indoor pool, and watch movies in a theater room. Adults can appreciate catching up with friends over drinks and games in the cabin’s rec room. Have everyone gather in the living room to watch the ball drop while a warm fire burns in the fireplace and a light snowfall drifts onto the deck outside.The next morning, start your New Year’s resolution of getting more exercise or playing outside more with an incredibly rewarding hike to Andrews Bald! This picturesque mountaintop boasts breathtaking views of the Smoky Mountains, and thanks to area environmental groups, the trail is a moderately easy trek with your families.
- Giant Ball Drop Party at the Gatlinburg Space NeedleWhile staying in a Pigeon Forge, Tennessee Cabin, you are only a short drive away from the Gateway City to the Smoky Mountains and another ball drop not televised from New York City: the Gatlinburg Space Needle New Year’s Eve Ball Drop! This huge party at the base of the iconic Gatlinburg Space Needle is FREE and includes music, a fireworks extravaganza, a light show on the tower choreographed to music by Pyro-Shows of LaFollette, Tennessee, and dancing, all near all the usual fun attractions like the giant 10,000-square foot arcade.Return to Gatlinburg the next morning to explore the gorgeous city modeled after the architecture of the Swiss Alps. From the interactive Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies to the historic Great Smoky Arts & Crafts Community, begin the new year learning and expanding your cultural horizons while staying in a relaxing cabin to bring in 2019 with an expanded mind and rejuvenated body!
So, whatever your 2019 resolutions are and however you want to leave 2018, you cannot go wrong with a stay in a Pigeon Forge, Tennessee Cabin in the beautiful Great Smoky Mountains, where exciting attractions and the inspiring simplicity of nature await your end and your beginning.