Rainy spring days are ahead, and while at home that often means getting creative with ways to have fun inside, Pigeon Forge has no shortage of ways to entertain both kids and adults without getting wet. One scan of the Parkway that runs through the downtowns of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg reveals dozens of attractions that will keep you out of the rain.
From museums and a world-class aquarium to hands-on kids’ exhibits and indoor miniature golf, rainy days maybe some of your favorites on your next vacation to Pigeon Forge (or Gatlinburg) in the Great Smoky Mountains!
You can always hang out in the cabin to play games, watch TV, or even swim in your own pool, but when you want to get out, the list of rainy day activities downtown is seemingly endless. So if you’re getting a bit of cabin fever on rainy spring days in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge, head downtown. You won’t run out of things to do, and the rain my quickly clear up to reveal another sunny Smoky Mountain day!
- Tour the Titanic Museum Attraction.
- Mix education with entertainment at WonderWorks.
- Laugh until you cry at The Comedy Barn.
- See dazzling costumes and beautiful horses at Dolly Parton’s Stampede.
- Sip and shop at Mountain Valley Winery.
- Try to break out of prison at The Escape Game at The Island.
- Pose with celebrities at the Hollywood Wax Museum.
- Challenge your friends to a game of laser tag at LazerPort Fun Center.
- Get your adrenaline pumping at Flyaway Indoor Skydiving.
- Be amazed by the magic of Darren Romeo.
- Check out the impressive athletic skills of the lumberjacks at Paula Deen’s Lumberjack Feud.
- See how you stack up against the best at Ripley’s Guinness World of Records Museum.
- Catch a dinner show downtown.
- Go ice skating – indoors – and do some shopping at Ober Gatlinburg.
- Run from zombies at Outbreak: Dread the Undead.
- Take a ride at Ripley’s Moving Theater 5D.
- Explore underseas at Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies.
- Spend the evening laughing at Sweet Fanny Adams Theatre.
- Start your day off right with a stack of pancakes at Pancake Pantry.
- Play arcade games (and grab an Ogle dog) at Fannie Farkle’s in downtown Gatlinburg.
- Watch the shows at Dollywood.
- Explore the 25,000-square-foot Alcatraz East, with 20 exhibits about crime, forensic science, and more.
- Tap your toes to the beat at Country Tonite.
- Get spooked at Ripley’s Haunted Adventure in downtown Gatlinburg.
- Wind your way through Ripley’s Marvelous Mirror Maze.
- Make a memorable souvenir with a snapshot at an old-time photo studio.
- Watch the Hatfields & McCoys duke it out during dinner.
- Take the kids to create a new friend at Build-A-Bear at The Island.
- Watch the tricks and get some laughs at the Amazing Animals show!
- Check out the weird but true exhibits at Ripley’s Believe It Or Not! Odditorium.
Rainy Day Fun at the Cabin
Want to stay in when the rain starts falling? Check out our cozy cabins that will keep you dry and comfortable. Located in beautiful Pigeon Forge – up in the trees, overlooking the mountains, and just minutes from downtown – our cabins offer more than just a place to rest your head at night. Each cabin is uniquely decorated and complete with different amenities, but here are just a few of the great amenities you can choose to make your rainy day fun in the cabin:
- Wood-burning, gas, or electric fireplace
- Grill on the deck
- Hot tub on a covered deck
- Indoor jetted tub
- High-speed Wi-Fi
- Private indoor pools
- Private movie room with couches or theater-style seating
- Pool, foosball, shuffleboard, and air hockey tables
- Arcade games and darts
- Card tables
- Big screen TVs
- DVD and Blu-ray players
- Fireplaces by jetted tubs
- Indoor community pools
- Wii or Xbox with games
- A jukebox
- A fully equipped kitchen for in-cabin meals
More Advice & Tips:
Revisit those perfect memories in your m...
If you’re thinking about planning a trip...
Easter is another perfect chance to spen...
A few months ago we saw a tweet on Twitt...
Everyone says it, but it’s oh-so-true: y...
You can almost picture it: the earliest ...