If you’re thinking about planning a trip to Pigeon Forge, now could not be a better time. From November 5 through January 3, 2016, you’ll be able to experience Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas while you’re in the area. That means celebrating the season in style with four million holiday lights, special holiday performances, and so much more at this always popular event.
America’s Best Christmas Event
Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas is the seven-time award winner of America’s Best Christmas Event. And when you experience the elaborate decorations, twinkling lights, and holiday-themed shows for yourself, it won’t be hard to see why. Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas even features Christmas-themed menus at park restaurants. Dollywood is truly the best place to bring your loved ones so you can celebrate the excitement and wonder of the season in a way you’ll always remember.
A Dollywood Christmas Carol
This year’s featured show at Smoky Mountain Christmas is an all-new adaptation of the Dickens classic, A Christmas Carol. Head to Showstreet during your Dollywood visit to witness A Dollywood Christmas Carol, an all-original 45-minute musical with a 15-member cast and 7 fully orchestrated musical tracks written by Dolly Parton herself.
The stage and costumes will transport you to Victorian London as you witness the inspiring transformation of Ebenezer Scrooge after encountering the three spirits of Christmas. You’ll even get to see Dolly in this show as it features, for the first time in the park’s history, a holographic portrayal of her for the role of the Ghost of Christmas Past.
For more information on the show and showtimes while you’re in the park, check their website or pick up a brochure!
Other Christmas Shows
Besides A Dollywood Christmas Carol, you can find these live shows at Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas this year. Some are old favorites; some are brand new to 2015. But all will add fun to your Dollywood experience this Christmas.
- Appalachian Christmas—Celebrate the season acoustic-style at the Back Porch Theater.
- Christmas in the Smokies—Sing along to hometown holiday favorites at this 12-member cast production.
- Christmas with the Kingdom Heirs—Celebrate a Southern Gospel Christmas with traditional Christmas hymns and songs.
- My People—Get to know Dolly’s family as they share songs of their faith, their love for the Smokies, and their support of Dolly in this all-new, original Dolly production.
- O Holy Night—A live performance of the reason behind the season, enjoy a show hat features a little girl looking for an angel and three shepherds following a star.
- Timber Canyon Festival of Lights—Enjoy thousands of lights synchronized with holiday music on the Timber Canyon stage this holiday season.
- Twas the Night Before Christmas—A white-bearded stranger helps a family find its own Christmas miracle in this musical brought to you by a 12-member cast and 4-piece band.
Events and Attractions
Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas offers you a variety of holiday-themed attractions and events throughout the season. Bring the kids to Holly Jolly Junction to meet Rudolph and his friends—including Clarice, Bumble the Abominable Snow Monster, and Yukon Cornelius—who come exclusively to Dollywood during the holidays. After greeting the characters, stick around to decorate some Christmas cookies, step into a giant snow globe, and play a few reindeer games.
You can also enjoy a day of fun in Santa’s Workshop, where you can visit with Santa in his larger-than-life toy store. Your kids will love gazing through the oversized ViewMaster that’s part of this display as well as giant Christmas trees and decorations. And, of course, you’ll love the chance to get their picture made with Santa—the perfect photo for your holiday greeting this year!
Another fun-filled event that you can catch all season long at Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas is the daily Parade of Lights, which features Christmas floats covered in brightly colored lights. Holiday characters will ride along and entertain the whole family, making this year’s Smoky Mountain Christmas a perfect way to add some excitement to your holiday traditions!
More Advice & Tips:
The South is famous for a lot of things:...
The Smokies is ideal for family reunions...
It’s Pigeon Forge. This city oozes those...
New Year's Eve recipes to try in the ca...
If you’ve ever been to Gatlinburg and Pi...
The possibility of seeing a black bear o...