The mountain air is warm and the breezes are blowing through the trees, so it’s time to fire up the grill at your Pigeon Forge cabin for a cookout! Whether you’re here with family or friends, grilling out at your cabin is a great way to enjoy the views, get some fresh air, and spend some quality time with the ones you love. You can even stop by the Gatlinburg Farmers Market for some fresh produce to toss on the grill!
Grilled Steak with Rosemary and Garlic | Anne Burrell, Food Network | serves 4
- 3 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and finely chopped
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Extra-virgin olive oil, plus high quality finishing oil, for garnish
- 2 (20 oz) porterhouse steaks or other other large steaks with a bone
- Kosher salt, plus coarse sea salt, for garnish
In a small bowl, combine the rosemary leaves, garlic, crushed red pepper and enough olive oil to make a loose paste. Slather the steaks with the mixture and sprinkle them generously with salt.
Let the steaks hang out outside the fridge to come to room temperature.
Preheat the grill to medium-high. Use a wire grill brush to loosen any crud and soot. Wipe the grill down with an oiled side towel to pick up any bits of loosened crud.
Put the steaks on a hot spot on the grill to get a great sear and really create BROWN FOOD! Once both sides of the steak are really nice and brown, move the steak to a cooler part of the grill to allow the steaks to cook to desired temperature. About 5 to 6 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
Remove the steaks from the grill and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Cut the steak off the bone, slice across the grain and divide among 4 serving plates. Drizzle the steak with a little big fat finishing oil and a sprinkling of sea salt.
Sticky Grilled Chicken | Delish | serves 4
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 lb chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, for garnish
Make marinade; in a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, and green onions. Reserve ½ cup marinade for basting chicken after grilling. Add chicken to a large Ziploc bag or baking dish and pour over marinade. Let marinate in the refrigerator at least 3 hours, or up to overnight.
When ready to grill, heat grill to high. Oil grates and add chicken, then periodically baste with marinade and grill until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes per side. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
Mediterranean Salmon Skewers | Delish | serves 4
- 1 lb salmon filets, preferably wild, cut into 2” pieces
- 3 lemons, sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Torn fresh dill, for garnish
Heat grill to high. Skewer salmon and lemon slices, then brush with olive oil and season all over with salt and pepper. Grill skewers until salmon is cooked through, turning once, 6 to 8 minutes. Garnish with dill and serve.
Corn with Cilantro-lime Butter | Taste of Home | serves 12
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated lime peel
- 12 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- Grated cotija cheese, optional
In a small bowl, mix butter, cilantro, lime juice, and lime peel. Shape into a log; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm. Wrap each ear of corn with a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 14-in square).
Grill corn, covered, over medium heat 15 – 20 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, cut lime butter into 12 slices. Remove corn from grill. Carefully open foil, allowing steam to escape. Serve corn with butter and, if desired, cheese.
What’s the perfect pairing for grilling at the cabin at night? Playing at local events during the day! Summer in Pigeon Forge is full of fun things to do, with lots of events each month.
- Titanic Movie Costumes at the Titanic Museum Attraction | now – August 6
- Dollywood Fireworks & Late Hours | June 17 – August 6
- TG Sheppard and Ronnie McDowell at Country Tonite | June 23
- 27th Annual Patriot Festival | July 4
- Stringtime in the Smokies | August 5
- Welcome Home Veterans Parade | August 19
More Advice & Tips:
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee is known for...
If you’ve never visited Pigeon Forge, yo...
If you’re coming to Pigeon Forge, be sur...
Check out our new Pigeon Forge cabins th...
In 1940, some 17 years after the origina...
The countdown is on…just 1 more month un...