If you don’t already have a bucket list, you should start one now. If you don’t know what it is, in short, it’s your list of things you want to do before you “kick the bucket.” From tasting new, exciting foods and jumping out of planes to swimming with sharks and visiting historic landmarks, there are endless possibilities for bucket list adventures.
And in Pigeon Forge, there are hundreds of things you could top off your bucket list with, whether it’s food, fun, or even fitness. Unique attractions, cuisines from around the world, and hundreds of miles of trails to explore make it a treasure trove for the adventure seeker. Not sure what you want to do? Read on for a few ideas to get you started on your bucket list next time you’re in Pigeon Forge. These 15 adventures will be the perfect jump-start!
- Ride the world’s fastest wooden coaster. Satisfy your need for speed on the NEW Lightning Rod at Dollywood Theme Park.
- Touch an iceberg. At the Titanic Museum Attraction, you can tour the ship with the boarding pass of an actual passenger, learning about “your” fate at the end. You’ll explore the state rooms, walk the Grand Staircase, and even touch an iceberg!
- Meet a celebrity. Okay, so they’re not actual celebrities, but you can pose with the wax figures of tons of celebrities at the Hollywood Wax Museum. From the classic Western celebrities to today’s pop stars, you’ll find your favorites on movie sets and more.
- Climb a mountain. You’ll have your pick in the Great Smoky Mountains of trails to hike, but if you want to challenge yourself, try the climb up Mt. LeConte. The shortest (but steepest) trail is Alum Cave; it’s tough but worth the views when you arrive at the top.
- Go skydiving. Not up for jumping out of an actual airplane? Try Flyaway Indoor Skydiving in Pigeon Forge for a thrill without the same fear.
- Find gold, stop an art thief, or carry out a covert operation to stop terrorists! You can do all this and more at The Escape Game Pigeon Forge at The Island. You and your group will have 1 hour to complete your task, and when (if) you do, it will be a bucket list check to remember.
- Pose with a parrot. You don’t have to travel to the rainforest to check this one off your list. Head to Parrot Mountain at The Island or Parrot Mountain and Gardens where you can snap a pic with some incredibly beautiful birds. And at the gardens, you’ll find some amazing scenery, including a replica of Thomas Kinkade’s Stairway to Paradise.
- Run from zombies. People are still prepping for the zombie apocalypse, and of course there is much debate over whether or not there will ever be one. If you love a thrill or love all things zombie, let them chase you at Outbreak: Dread the Undead at the Hollywood Wax Museum Entertainment Center. Live actors in Hollywood-grade costumes and makeup will have you screaming and running for the exit!
- Feed goats. Want to do something truly unique? You can actually feed goats on the roof – hence the name – as well as shop, grab a bite to eat, or roast marshmallows over the fire pit.
- Face your fear of heights. This is a pretty common fear, so if you are afraid of heights, check off this one by taking a ride on the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel at The Island. You’ll face your fear and get some incredible mountain and city views while you’re at it!
- Solve a mystery. If you’ve ever wanted to solve your own mystery, now is your chance. Try to figure out who’s the murderer before the show’s over at Moonshine Murders, Frankly, Scarlett, You’re Dead, or The Killbillies at Pigeon Forge’s Murder Mystery.
- Drive a NASCAR car. At NASCAR SpeedPark in the Smoky Mountains, hop in a Sprint Cup car that’s 3/8 the original size for an exciting ride around the track – just like the pros!
- Swim beneath the sharks. If you’re not up for actually getting in the water with the sharks, walk beneath the sharks on the moving sidewalk at Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies. As you go through the tunnel, watch the sharks, sea turtles, stingrays, and hundreds of fish swim above!
- Come face to face with a wild animal. While you don’t want to come across a bear or bobcat out in the wild, wouldn’t it be incredible to see one in person – safely? At the Wildlife Encounter at Ober Gatlinburg, you can do just that. See river otters, bobcats, birds of prey, and a black bear family during your visit!
- See mountains from above. Whether it’s on the Aerial Tramway at Ober Gatlinburg, at the Gatlinburg Space Needle (with 360-degree views), or in a Scenic Helicopter Tour in Pigeon Forge, you’ll have several ways to explore the Smokies from above.
More Advice & Tips:
Celebrating the one of the world’s lar...
Festivals devoted to food, art, music,...
If you’ll be in Pigeon Forge March 14-17...
On the Road The hardest part about enjo...
Ready for something NEW? Check out these...
A car is going to be given away this mon...