Eerie winds howling, scary creatures skulking, endless screams screeching…Halloween is creeping up on us, which means ghosts in the trees, costumes around every corner, and parents guiltlessly jump-scaring their kids. Instead of your usual at-home trick or treating, why not head to the Smokies for some Halloween fun?!
Mix it up this year at The Island’s Halloween celebration in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Their annual trick-or-treat celebration will be on Halloween this year – October 31 – and will be packed with family fun on the Parkway! Costumed kids will have a blast trick-or-treating from 5 – 7 PM at The Island, with the bright lights of The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel as the backdrop.
Costumes and Contests and Prizes, Oh My!
No Halloween fun is complete without some fun costumes for the family! We have some fun ideas for all ages.
- 0-2 (A little pumpkin, Winnie the Pooh’s “hunny” pot, a ladybug…the adorable possibilities are endless.)
- 3-5 (princess, superhero, a colorful crayon, a fire-breathing dragon, or a spooky skeleton)
- 6-10 (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, superheroes, Ada Twist, or Miss Frizzle!)
- 11-15 (Traditional Halloween costumes are always nice to see: witch, skeleton, ghost, vampire, pirate, zombie, fairy, etc.)
- 16-20 (Channel your inner superhero — you know the one.)
- 21+ (Think fun couples’ and group costumes from your favorite shows…)
- Family/Group (Find your group costume inspiration from popular series like Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter.)
- Pets (Dress up with your pet as Dorothy and Toto or Billy and Gizmo.)
Freakishly Fantastic Freebies
Nothing’s better than getting free stuff for Halloween — and we don’t just mean candy! Parking and admission for the Halloween Carnival are FREE to the public! With this being such a popular event, be sure to arrive early for a good parking space. Gather your group and find some of the great photo op spots throughout The Island, and of course, go trick or treating with the kiddos!
The Deadly Details
- The Halloween Carnival is on October 31.
- The festivities will be from 5 PM to 7 PM.
- The event will be at The Island: 131 The Island Drive, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863.
- FREE parking is available in the large parking lot at The Island.
- You can also park at Patriot Park and ride the trolley over to the LeConte Center by The Island.
- Admission is FREE.
Favorites at The Island
If you haven’t been to The Island in Pigeon Forge before, you’re in for a treat. There are tons of eateries, retail shops, and unique places to play in this entertainment complex on the Parkway.
Stop by for drinks at Margaritaville, fill up on pizza at Mellow Mushroom, sip moonshine at Ole Smoky Moonshine, enjoy great views from the observation wheel – The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel – enjoy Southern foods at Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen, listen to live music by The Island show fountain, and break out at The Escape Game.
Kids will love The Island ropes course, inquisitive minds will appreciate the Alcatraz East Crime Museum…there is something for the whole family here.
More Pigeon Forge Fall Fun
Pigeon Forge has plenty more to do for Halloween, including food, music, and tons of pumpkins at Dollywood – a top amusement park in the country! Or you can take a drive to nearby Gatlinburg for seasonal decor and foods, live music, and more.