From mountains to waterfalls to the winding valleys, the Great Smoky Mountains is one of the most breathtaking and scenic places in the United States. Each year, millions of people come to the Smokies to experience everything the beautiful scenery has to offer. Have you ever wanted to experience the joys of nature and soak up all the sights of wildlife? If so, grab your cowboy hat and boots and saddle up that horse for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure of horseback riding through the Great Smoky Mountains – just down the road from Pigeon Forge.
The Smokies offer many riding stables to ensure you are able to have the opportunity to experience the great outdoors:
- Guided Trail Rides – The guided trails rides are approximately one hour in length. The trail rides are perfect for every rider, whether you are just beginning or have been riding your whole life. You will experience flowing steams, surrounded by trees and all the different types of wildlife.
- Carriage rides – Go back in time and hop into a carriage for a 30 to 45-minute ride through the scenic forest of Cades Cove. You will learn about the horses pulling the carriage along with how things were done back in time of our ancestors.
- Hayrides – Step on in to a hay-filled trailer and tour some of the most scenic parts of the park. These extraordinary rides normally take 1 ½ to three hours and are sure to create lifetime memories for family and friends.
- The guides that will be with you will share stories about the remnants of a historic period.
- Cades Cove is located on 6,800 acres in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Most people come to Cades Cove to observe wildlife such as white-tailed deer, black bears, turkey, and more, so if you choose to ride on one of the many rides that are available, there is a good chance you will see many animals of nature.
- For ages 5 +
- Large groups are very welcome and do not require reservations.
- These trails are for people everywhere, so no experience is necessary.
- These two riding stables offer a choice of 40 trained and experienced mountain trail horses for you to ride on.
- Due to the trails not being flat, there is a walking pace through the trails.
- Five Oaks Riding Stables sits on 70 acres of beautiful mountain scenery.
- As you are riding through the trails, you will be able to see the historic trails with bits and pieces of old moonshiners.
- There are two trails that are available. The first is four miles and takes about half an hour. The second is six miles and takes about an hour.
- Choose from the 60 well-trained horses that are available.
If you need a cozy cabin to stay in after your days on the trail, give us a call at 866.513.7885! Our reservationists are ready to help you pick the perfect Pigeon Forge cabin for your getaway to the Smokies!
More Advice & Tips:
If you’ve visited Pigeon Forge before, y...
April is a wonderful time in Pigeon Forg...
On April 14, 1912, the RMS Titanic hit a...
There are many different trails to hike ...
The mountain air is warm and the breezes...
May was a busy month at Pigeon Forge, TN...