From savory to sweet, these crazy appetizers, desserts, and snacks are super spooky (and mostly easy) for a fun Halloween in the cabin. Grab some groceries, load up your fully equipped kitchen in your cozy Pigeon Forge cabin, and celebrate the season by baking and cooking up a storm.
Brownie Bat Truffles | www.delish.com
These sweet and spooky treats will fly right off the plate! Fill your cabin with the smell of chocolate and enjoy some Halloween fun in Pigeon Forge.
Makes 12-14 bats
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment with paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, roughly crumble brownie by hand. Mix in chocolate frosting and gently knead mixture until evenly moistened.
3. Using a cookie scoop, portion out 1 tablespoon brownie frosting mixture and roll into small balls. Insert two halved Oreo cookies on either side to create wings. Place brownie 4. balls on the prepared baking sheet and freeze until firm, 2 hours.
5. Remove balls from freezer and let come to room temperature for 15 minutes. Heat chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 5-second bursts until melted.
6. Dip bat brownie truffles in chocolate and dust with black sanding sugar. Decorate with royal icing eyes or mini M&Ms.
Pork Dumplings with Chile-sesame Sauce | www.delish.com
These savory and flavorful pork dumplings are one part tasty, one part terrifying. Toss them in a jar and drizzle with sauce for a brainy appetizer with the ultimate eww factor.
Makes 5 dozen dumplings
1. In a skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the shiitake, scallions, bok choy, and carrot; stir-fry over high heat until tender, 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, mirin, and chile-garlic sauce and cook until the liquid is evaporated, 3 minutes. Season with salt. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until chilled, 15 minutes.
2. Line a large baking sheet with wax paper. Add the pork to the filling and mix. On a work surface, brush 3 wonton wrappers with the cornstarch solution; spoon a scant tablespoon of the filling in the center. Fold the wrappers over to form triangles; seal the edges, pressing out any air trapped inside. With scissors, trim the the wrappers, leaving a 1/4-inch rim around the filling. Transfer the dumplings to the baking sheet, seam sides up. Keep the dumplings covered with a moist paper towel. Repeat with the remaining wonton wrappers and filling.
3. Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl.
4. Fill a wok or a large skillet with 2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Working in batches, arrange the dumplings in a double-tiered bamboo steamer lined with oiled wax paper; set the steamer over the boiling water. Cover and steam the dumplings until the filling is cooked through and firm, 6 minutes.
5. Toss the dumplings in 1 cup of the sauce. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the dumplings to a platter. Serve the remaining chile-sesame sauce alongside.
Spooky Fingers | www.delish.com
Salty and sweet, these funky witch fingers are fun and festive for the Halloween season!
Makes 1 dozen spooky fingers
1. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. Place chocolate in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30-second increments until almost melted, stirring occasionally until smooth.
2. Holding 1 pretzel rod at a time over melted chocolate, spoon some chocolate over pretzel to coat, leaving about 3 inches uncoated at one end. Carefully place on prepared cookie sheet. Immediately press 1 pepita onto coated tip to resemble fingernail. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Refrigerate 15 minutes to set chocolate. Fingers can be kept at room temperature in airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Harry Potter’s Acid Pops | www.food.com
Kids will love these Harry Potter inspired lollipops that are sweet and sizzling. Plus, they’re super easy and quick for an afternoon treat that will please.
Makes 12 pops
1. Remove wrappers from lollipops.
2. Place honey in a bowl.
3. Place pop rocks in a bowl.
4. Dip each lollipop in honey then pop rocks.
More Advice & Tips:
Planning a trip to the Smokies and need ...
Skiing is now available near our Pigeon ...
If you’re cuddled up in a cozy Pigeon Fo...
Located next to the Great Smoky Mountain...
The fall colors are in full swing here i...
Summertime is many people's favorite sea...