The holidays are great, but they can also be stressful. Between cooking big holiday meals, having lots of family in town, putting up Christmas lights, decorating the house, cleaning up for (or after!) guests, and buying and wrapping gifts, you may feel like you need a vacation when it’s all said and done. We have some awesome Pigeon Forge cabins that will be the perfect escape after a busy holiday season. Many of our cabins are located near downtown Pigeon Forge, so you’ll have plenty of entertainment along the Parkway, but you may just want to relax and unwind in the cabin. However you want to spend your post-holiday days, you’ll find something to do in Pigeon Forge. Check out our 20 ideas for ways to de-stress in the Smokies after the holidays.
- Take a dip in the hot tub. This is a great way to unwind and soothe those tired muscles.
- Get an in-cabin massage. Pamper yourself by booking an in-cabin massage with a professional masseuse. You’ll feel all that stress just melt away!
- Explore the Titanic Museum and walk the Grand Staircase. Head to the Titanic Museum Attraction for a relaxing day stepping back in time. You can walk the Grand Staircase, touch an iceberg, and see how the passengers and crew would have lived for a time on the ship.
- Curl up in front of a fire. When you don’t want to get out, stay in your cabin and get warm in front of an inviting fireplace.
- Watch a movie in your private theater room. Several of our cabins have in-home theaters, so you can spend an evening with popcorn, candy, drinks, and your favorite flicks – without leaving the cabin!
- “Meet celebrities” at the Hollywood Wax Museum. Let loose and be silly by posing with today’s pop stars and actors from your favorite classic movies in this fun, lighthearted attraction on the Parkway in Pigeon Forge.
- Swim a few laps in your cabin’s private pool. If swimming is your way of de-stressing, pick a cabin with an indoor pool and spend some time floating around or doing some laps.
- Rest in a comfy king-size bed. At the end of the day, climb into one of our cozy beds and get some much-needed rest. Or take a quick nap on a lazy afternoon.
- Take a tour of the Rocky Top Wine Trail. With 5 wineries within 12 miles to visit, the Rocky Top Wine Trail is a great place to relax. Take tours and do tastings or check out their special events throughout the year.
- Have a soothing bath in the indoor jetted tub. Bring along some luxurious bath products and take a bath to wash away some of that stress.
- Have a picnic in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. A great way to relax is with a picnic in the park. Find a lovely spot by the water and enjoy the incredible scenery of the Smoky Mountains. There are also some great spots in the parks in Pigeon Forge!
- Have a glass of wine on the deck.
- Curl up with a good book. Bring that book you’ve been dying to read and curl up on the sofa for a relaxing afternoon.
- Have a nice dinner downtown. Drive to downtown Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge and have a nice meal at one of the great restaurants along the Parkway.
- Take a hike in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Getting out in nature is a great way to de-stress. Lace up your boots and take a hike in the most visited national park in the U.S.
- Taste some local moonshine and whiskey. There are several local distilleries in the area, offering many flavors of moonshine and whiskey. Visit area distilleries and enjoy samples, but please drink responsibly.
- Take a scenic drive through Cades Cove. Check out historic buildings, look for wildlife, and enjoy the rolling hills in this gorgeous area of the Smokies.
- Hit up the outlet stores. Shop ’til you drop at the great shops at Tanger Outlets and along the Parkway.
- Rekindle the romance. The last few weeks (or months) have probably been all about family and kids. Slow down and have a romantic weekend away with the one you love. Let the sparks fly and the stress fade away!
- Treat yourself to some sweets. Nothing says indulgence and no stress like chocolate! The Parkway is full of sweet shops, so treat yourself with some fudge, chocolate-covered strawberries, caramel apples, traditional candy, and more.
More Advice & Tips:
Christmas is quickly approaching in a re...
Do you think that seafood is one of thos...
Attractions that will make the most of ...
The countdown is on…just 1 more month un...
Watch out, guys! Wife Appreciation Day i...
While a week-long vacation may be what y...