Did you know our Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, cabins have fully equipped kitchens? That means you can stay on budget by cooking in the cabin instead of spending money on all your meals out. Or you can have a place to reheat leftovers after big meals downtown. You’ll also have a refrigerator to keep that creamy fudge nice and fresh and appliances to help you whip up delicious holiday treats!
This week, check out some traditional, fun, and simple St. Patrick’s Day recipes that you can whip up in the cabin! With appliances, tools, and dishes all in your Pigeon Forge cabin’s kitchen, it will be easy to make these St. Patrick’s Day dishes to celebrate the day!
Keto Corned Beef and Cabbage | Delish.com
- 3-4 lbs corned beef
- 2 onions, quartered
- 4 celery stalks, quartered crosswise
- 1 package pickling spices
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 medium green cabbage, cut into 2-inch wedges
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp capers, roughly chopped, plus 1 tsp brine
- 2 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- Place corned beef, onion, celery, and pickling spices into a large pot. Add enough water to cover by 2″, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until very tender, 3–3 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, whisk dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. In another bowl, mix mayo, capers, caper brine, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper
- Add cabbage and carrots and continue to simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour more, until cabbage is tender. Remove meat, cabbage, and carrots from pot. Slice corned beef and season with more salt and pepper.
- Serve with both sauces on the side for dipping.
Best Colcannon | Delish.com
- 5 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2″ pieces
- Kosher salt
- 6 tbsp. butter, divided
- 4 green onions, white parts thinly sliced, greens sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large bunch kale, stemmed and sliced into ½-inch ribbons
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot, cover potatoes with water and season generously with salt. Bring to a boil and cook until totally soft, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and return potatoes to pot.
- Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large pot. Add green onions and garlic and cook until beginning to soften and smell fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add shredded kale, milk, and cream. Let cook 4 minutes, mixing often until milk comes to a simmer and kale wilts.
- Use a potato masher to mash kale mixture into potatoes until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and more cracked pepper on top.
St. Patrick’s Day Mint Shakes | FoodNetwork.com
1 pint vanilla ice cream (2 cups)
1/4 cup whole milk
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 or 4 drops green liquid food coloring
Whipped cream and green sanding sugar, for garnish
Blend the ice cream, milk, peppermint extract, vanilla and food coloring in a blender until smooth. Pour into one or two serving glasses and garnish with whipped cream and sanding sugar.
Dressed-Up Irish Coffee | FoodNetwork.com
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces Irish cream whiskey
- 1 ounce Irish whiskey
- 1/2 ounce peppermint schnapps
- Shaved dark chocolate, for garnish, optional
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pour the hot coffee into a mug and add the sugar. Stir until the sugar melts. Stir in the Irish cream, Irish whiskey and schnapps. Top with a nice dollop of Whipped Cream and some shaved dark chocolate if using.
Add the heavy cream, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla extract to a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until soft peaks appear.
More Advice & Tips:
Celebrating the one of the world’s lar...
It’s a well known fact that guys aren’t ...
Dollywood was host to the Southern Gospe...
Looking for a relaxing way to spend the ...
Every year since I was a child, I have a...
We have had a lot of concerns about the ...