Kids getting restless? Aching for a break from work? Haven’t seen your friends in a while? Sounds like everyone’s in need of some serious quality time… Now’s your chance to plan a memorable family vacation or getaway with friends! Thankfully, spring break is right around the corner, so you have the perfect excuse to clear your schedule and spend some time away from home — with those you love. If you’re traveling with kids, desire a relaxing family experience, or want to try something new with your friends, spring break in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, is a great pick.
Home to miniature golf courses, go-kart tracks, arcades, homemade candy stores, outlet shops, outdoor activities, and dozens of fun attractions for all ages, Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge have tons of things to do on a spring break vacation with family or friends in the Great Smoky Mountains. Not to mention, wildflowers are blooming across the gorgeous mountain landscape, baby animals are roaming near hiking trails, and annual springtime events are bustling in town.
Top 25 Things to Do on Spring Break in Pigeon Forge
Our list of family-friendly attractions and fun activities in Pigeon Forge, as well as neighboring Gatlinburg and Sevierville, could go on and on. Here we’ve listed things to do in the area that always top our list for spring!
- Hike to cascading waterfalls, Mt. LeConte, and Clingman’s Dome, or take a scenic drive through Cades Cove in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Break out of prison, find Clyde’s gold, catch an art thief, complete an impossible mission, or fix a spaceship…before time runs out at The Escape Game.
- Get your thrills at Flyaway Indoor Skydiving or soar through the skies on a Scenic Helicopter Tour in Pigeon Forge.
- Walk beneath sharks, play with penguins, and pet stingrays at Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies in the heart of downtown Gatlinburg.
- Enjoy music, food, dance, art, and culture during the Flower & Food Festival (April 22 – June 5) plus ride roller coasters, eat HUGE cookies, and watch craftsmen work at Dollywood this spring.
- Play games, like pool, foosball, shuffleboard, air hockey, and arcade classics, in the rec room at your Pigeon Forge cabin.
- Go horseback riding with family and friends through the wildflower hills and lush forests of the Great Smoky Mountains.
- Drive at top speeds at NASCAR SpeedPark, Xtreme Racing Center, SpeedZone Fun Park, and Blake Jones Racing Center.
- Visit Gatlinburg’s Great Smoky Arts & Crafts Community for handmade goods, like candles, artworks, carvings, baskets, quilts, jewelry, moccasins, and glass-blown ornaments.
- Load your bags with great deals at Tanger Outlets, The Mountain Mile, The Incredible Christmas Place, The Village Shops, and The Mountain Mall.
- Ride the Aerial Tramway, experience an animal encounter, dine atop a mountain, ice-skate year-round, zoom down the Alpine Slide, and play the day away at Ober Gatlinburg.
- Experience history up close, touch a real iceberg, and gawk at the grand staircase with a tour of the Titanic Museum Attraction — the world’s largest Titanic attraction.
- Challenge the kids to a game of laser tag, race go-karts, throw axes, play mini-golf, and win prizes in the arcade at the family-friendly LazerPort Fun Center.
- Pose with celebrities, like Jackie Chan or Lucille Ball, tour the hall of horrors, and try some pop culture trivia at the Hollywood Wax Museum.
- Stroll through the national park with a guide, learn new skills, and spot blossoms at the annual Spring Wildflower Pilgrimage, April 26-30.
- Sip cocktails poolside, teach your little ones to swim, and splash anytime in the private indoor pool at your cool cabin rental in Pigeon Forge.
- Cast a line for rainbow trout in the cool streams of the Smokies and win cash prizes at the Spring Smoky Mountain Trout Tournament, April 2-3.
- Learn about space, science, art, the body, and more at the educational WonderWorks (the upside-down building on the Parkway) that features 100s of interactives.
- Catch a show downtown, from the hilarious animals show at The Comedy Barn and toe-tapping music at the Country Tonite Theatre to dueling families at the Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Show and horseback riding stunts at Dolly Parton’s Stampede.
- Fly through the trees with Legacy Mountain Ziplines or Foxfire Mountain Adventure Park, which also features hiking trails through the treetops and along Dunn’s Creek.
- Find the secret garden hidden at Parrot Mountain and Garden of Eden, an outdoor attraction with 100s of tropical birds and whimsical gardens.
- Go tubing or whitewater rafting along the Pigeon River at local outposts, like River Rat, Rafting in the Smokies, and the Nantahala Outdoor Center.
- Host a movie marathon in your Pigeon Forge cabin’s private home theater — with surround sound, theater-style seats, and a projector screen or whopping big screen TV.
- Spend a day at The Island, riding the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel, watching the show fountain, snapping a souvenir at the Old Time Photo Shoppe, or sampling Ole Smoky Moonshine.
- Stretch your legs, throw around a football, walk down to the Little Pigeon River, or have a picnic on a nice spring day at Patriot Park in Pigeon Forge.
Spring Break Packing Tips
Spring weather in the Smokies is often unpredictable, meaning a sunny day can turn into a rainy one and a warm day can quickly cool down. The best way to prepare is by packing in light layers and tossing in a rain jacket just in case. You can easily adjust to the changing temps this way. Your spring suitcase for the Smoky Mountains should also include hiking boots or trail-worthy shoes, along with sunscreen and sunglasses, plenty of water if you’re hitting the trails, and snacks and board games for rainy spring days when you want to stay inside the cabin!
If you don’t want to pack much, book a cabin with a washer/dryer so you can freshen up clothes and reuse provided towels throughout your stay. Pigeon Forge, TN, cabin rentals also feature amenities to entertain and relax — including hot tubs, games, theaters, outdoor lounges, king suites, and breathtaking mountain views. Whatever you want or need for your unforgettable spring break in Pigeon Forge, you’ll find it here in the Smokies!