Looking for a way to use those holiday leftovers to your advantage? Instead of tossing them out and wasting that hard work you put into cooking the meals in the first place, check out these Christmas leftover recipes – easy enough to do in your Pigeon Forge cabin’s fully equipped kitchen!
Leftover Thanksgiving Salad | All Recipes
1 cup shredded cooked turkey
1/2 cup cubed cooked ham
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
1 hard-cooked egg, diced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
salt and ground black pepper to taste
Combine the turkey, ham, cranberries, egg, and basil in a mixing bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Leftover Baked Potato Soup | Food Network
3 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups finely diced leeks
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
6 cups chicken stock, hot
4 large leftover baked potatoes, halved. pulp scooped out and put through a ricer
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
1/4 cup minced chives
- In a large saucepot, over high heat melt the butter and add the leeks and garlic. Cook over medium heat until they are translucent. Add the hot stock and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the riced potatoes, buttermilk, sour cream, and grated Parmesan. Add this mixture to the soup stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and add the Sherry vinegar.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with chives.
One-Skillet Turkey Pot Pie | Babble
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, trimmed, peeled, and diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 4 carrots, trimmed and diced
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 medium potatoes, scrubbed and diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small celery root, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 pounds dark meat turkey, cooked, removed from bone, and chopped
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, plus 4 small sprigs for garnish
Whole Wheat Drop Biscuits:
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
Turkey Pot Pie Filling:
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Set an oven-proof 9-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Melt butter, and then stir in onion, celery, and carrots. Sprinkle with sea salt. Sauté until vegetables have softened and onions are translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in flour, making sure to coat all the vegetables.
- Stir in potatoes and celery root and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Next, stir in turkey, and then the stock, being sure to scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Taste and add salt as needed. Stir in thyme leaves.
- Remove from heat and prepare biscuits.
- To make biscuit topping, whisk the flour, baking powder, and sea salt together with a fork in a medium-sized bowl.
- Grate in cold butter and massage into flour with fingertips.
- Fold in buttermilk, stirring just until mixture holds together.
- Using 2 spoons, drop 2-inch balls of biscuit dough on top of the filling. Press lightly so that biscuit flattens slightly.
- Slide into oven and bake until biscuits are a light golden brown and the filling is bubbling vigorously, 20-25 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes, garnish each biscuit with a sprig of thyme, and serve.
After-Christmas Events in Pigeon Forge
Although Christmas is over, the fun events in Pigeon Forge are not! There are still plenty of fun things to do in the Smokies, finishing out 2019 and swinging into 2020!
Pigeon Forge Winterfest
Now – February 17, 2020
Titanic Christmas and Winter Celebration
Now – December 31
Christmas at Dolly Parton’s Stampede
Now – December 31
Winterfest Trolley Tour of Lights
Now – January 31, 202
New Year’s Eve
More Advice & Tips:
When my co-workers and I decided to take...
The most visited National Park in the co...
Although I assumed it would, having a ch...
Pigeon Forge, TN has become a popular pl...
Go ahead and book your favorite Pigeon F...
One of the newest and most exciting Pige...