New Year’s Eve is here! It’s celebrated as a time to say goodbye to old things in the past year, and it’s known to be a time for renewal and self-reflection. And what better place to renew and refresh than in the setting of the gorgeous and serene Great Smoky Mountains?!
If you’re here celebrating with us on New Year’s Eve, we have some great nighttime events to check out and great ways to refresh and renew for the new year. Get ready for 2020 with Pigeon Forge, TN Cabins!
Ways to Play – AT NIGHT – for New Year’s Eve
- Save $$ at Dollywood by starting your day at the theme park after 3 p.m. – and then coming back for FREE the next day!
- Stroll through Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies to walk beneath sharks, touch rays, and more!
- Celebrate Christmas with an over-the-top performance at Dolly Parton’s Stampede.
- Ride the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel for amazing nighttime views of the Parkway – all lit up.
- Sit around the show fountain as the water dances and the music plays.
- Belt it out at karaoke in neighboring Gatlinburg, at Iron Boar Saloon, Smoky Mountain Brewery, Latitude Bar Food & Drink, and more.
- Tap your toes at the Country Tonite Theatre for a nighttime show.
- Laugh all night at The Comedy Barn or Gatlinburg’s Sweet Fanny Adams Theatre.
- Have a drink with a side of music at The Island’s Margaritaville or the Hard Rock Café.
- Get your thrills on a nighttime ride on a mountain coaster, with lighted tracks along the way!
- Get spooked with the ghost tours in Gatlinburg or with a walk (frightening run?) through Ripley’s Haunted Adventure.
- Enjoy a drink with friends at Smoky Mountain Brewery before grabbing some pizza at Mellow Mushroom (open until midnight).
- Try to break out at The Escape Game in Pigeon Forge.
- Tour the Titanic Museum Attraction until 8 p.m., walking the Grand Staircase, touching an iceberg, and more.
- Shop the night away at the Tanger Outlets!
Renewal in the Smokies
You’re tucked away in a cozy cabin…now find renewal for the new year!
If you’ve rented a cabin with beautiful Smoky Mountain views, start your renewal with time spent enjoying them! Pour yourself a cup of tea or whatever drink soothes you, and then sit back in a rocking chair on the deck and enjoy fresh air and rolling hills. Listen to the sounds of nature, smell the fresh air, and take a deep breath. Think about what you want for yourself in the new year and take time to reflect on 2019 – what you appreciate and what you may want to improve upon.
Inside your cabin, spend time relaxing by a warm fire, reading a book in a quiet and cozy corner of the cabin, or chatting with a friend in the living room. Bring along a yoga mat and stretch in a sunny spot, pack some of your favorite relaxing music to pop into a CD player, or spend time journaling on a porch swing or at the kitchen table late into the night.
You can rejuvenate your body as well, with luxurious baths in indoor jetted tubs and soothing soaks in the outdoor hot tub. Take advantage of the fully equipped kitchen to create some healthy and refreshing meals, or just really enjoy quality time with family and friends.
Another great way to renew – get out in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park (or a nearby park in Pigeon Forge). Take a hike, stroll along an easy path, toss a football, or go for a run and clear your mind. With tons of trails to explore, beautiful surroundings, and some awesome wildlife, the Smokies is the perfect place to renew.
More Advice & Tips:
Gatlinburg, Tennessee, has always been a...
Boisterous notes of trumpets laid over s...
With hit country songs from the 60’s, 70...
Dreamcatcher Bedrooms: 2 Bathrooms: ...
If you are planning a New Year’s Eve get...
Coming to the Pigeon Forge Area this dur...