Ah, it’s finally here — the chance to spend quality time with your besties on a fun cabin trip in the Great Smoky Mountains! Now, all you have to do is plan it…no pressure. Really, planning a cabin trip with friends to the Smokies with the help of Pigeon Forge, TN Cabins is pressure free. We plan huge cabin trips for our employees and guests all the time in Pigeon Forge. With our many years of experience, we have helpful tips and a list of fun things to do in a cabin with friends to make planning your group getaway smooth.
Got a trio of close gal pals, a small group of college buddies, or a ton of church friends that get along swell? We have hundreds of cabin rentals that range from 1-16 bedrooms and sleep 2-70 guests with an array of amenity options to help narrow down the perfect pick. The best part? Splitting the cost multiple ways means you can opt for a cabin with a little more pizazz — like a private indoor pool, stunning mountain view, or home theater — if you wish! Ready to plan? Start here.
6 Tips for Planning a Cabin Trip with Friends
- Invite good friends with whom you feel comfortable spending a lot of time. There’s no room for drama starters and party poopers on this cabin trip!
- Keep everyone in the loop. It’s important to stay in touch and on top of things when planning your cabin getaway with friends so everyone feels involved and prepared when it’s time to travel.
- Choose the cabin that best suits your vacation needs and wants as a group. Are some friends on a tighter budget, or does the gang agree on a luxury cabin experience? Is everyone okay with sharing a bedroom, or are private suites a must?
- Plan meals ahead of time. Talk about who wants to cook, when ordering pick-up is best, and which snacks and drinks to keep at the cabin. Every rental with Pigeon Forge, TN Cabins has a fully equipped kitchen — with major appliances, pots and pans, dishes, cutlery, and more — so you can whip up homemade meals and snacks in a jiffy!
- Make room for free time. While having a general plan is okay, remember some friends may need more time to refresh throughout the day. A strict schedule can foster a stressful vacation…and no one wants that. Consider the introverts and extroverts of your group, be willing to compromise on time, and separate into smaller groups when needed.
- Go over the amenities list with the group. Help make sure your friends are aware of what the cabin provides and does not provide so everyone can pack accordingly. It might be helpful to pack a few extras yourself in case one of your buds forgets an essential.
Fun Things to Do in a Cabin with Friends
Keeping everyone entertained, comfortable, and happy is crucial to a successful cabin trip with friends in the Smoky Mountains. Not to worry, there are plenty of relaxing and entertaining cabin activities for adults! Our list of fun things to do in a cabin with friends will help you plan a memorable vacation in the Smokies.
- Swap stories while roasting marshmallows around the firepit.
- Sip coffee and read a devotional in the rocking chairs with a mountain sunrise.
- Watch romances, comedies, or thrillers in the theater with surround sound and theater style seating.
- Set up board and card games or crafts at the roomy dining table.
- Swim in the private indoor pool with a waterfall feature.
- Soak tired muscles in the steamy hot tub with massaging jets.
- Enjoy a glass of wine with a book by the crackling fireplace.
- Host a talent show, sing and dance, or play a group game (like Fishbowl or trivia) in the living room.
- Take spa baths in the indoor jetted tub with scented candles and calming music.
- Nap, dream sweetly, and spend alone time in your king suite with a TV and private bathroom.
- Cook out on the charcoal or gas grill and dine at the picnic table.
- Bust open a bottle of champagne or mix drinks at the wet bar.
- Play games (like pool, foosball, air hockey, and arcade games) in the rec room.
- Snap photos together with the mountain, wooded, or river scenery.
- Stargaze on the open deck with midnight snacks and drinks on hand.
- Spend me time or hang with your bestie on the porch swing with a blanket and beautiful views.
Need Help Planning YOUR Cabin Trip with Friends?
Vacation Specialists at Pigeon Forge, TN Cabins are here to help — and it won’t cost you a penny! It’s important to us that your cabin trip with friends go off without a hitch. Let us know what you’re looking for, and we’ll happily do the leg work and find ideal options for your group. Just give us a call at 866.513.7885! We look forward to helping you plan a memorable stay in the Smokies!
Now that you know how to plan a memorable cabin trip with friends, it’s time to gather the gang and make it happen together!