Pigeon Forge, Tennessee is home to America’s most visited National Park. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is nestled between the borders of North Carolina and Tennessee, within one day’s drive of a third of the United States. These beautiful mountain ridges draw in visitors from all over the country with rich culture and diverse wildlife.
Have you ever visited the National Park? If not, you’re missing out! The incredible plant and animal life, surrounded by towering mountain peaks and deep, vast valleys, makes the Park is one of the most spectacular in the country. Although the area is known for it’s incredible display of fall foliage, there is year-round fun in the Smoky Mountains…particularly in the summer!
During the months of May, June, July and August, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park hosts dozens of events weekly. Ranging from lantern-lit waterfall hikes to lectures on how to pack your day pack, the daily events offer something for everyone. Whether you have young children, teenagers, or you’re just traveling with your sweetie, there is an event for all nature lovers in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
Events in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Cades Cove Evening Hayride
- An open-air hayride is a great way to kick off your evening in Pigeon Forge!
- Old Elkmont
- Talk a walk with a park ranger and learn about the logging boom that took place before the National Park was established.
- A Waterfall by Lantern Light
- Take a hike to Cataract Falls by lantern-light. Enjoy the sounds of the mountains after dark!
- Thinking Like a Bear
- Have you ever had questions about black bears in the Smokies? Learn about the future of the bears by attending this free event.
- Searching for Salamanders
- Join in with a park ranger explore the salamander capital of the world!
- Cades Cove Night Hike
- Enjoy a night time walk in the cove with a park ranger as you take in the sights of the Smokies after dark.
Most of the events above are free, while others charge a small price. Visit the GSMNP’s event page here: https://www.nps.gov/grsm/planyourvisit/events.htm for all information and make sure you attend one of these fantastic events on this summer’s Pigeon Forge vacation!
More Advice & Tips:
It’s that time again! We have NEW cabins...
Summertime is sweet, fun, and exciting i...
After months of anticipation, Dollywood ...
Spring is the time to start fresh – an...
A brand new restaurant is coming to Pige...
The kids have been out of school for a c...