Today is a beautiful day to celebrate dogs and plan a pet-friendly getaway to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, with your real best friend — it’s National Dog Day! Founded in 2004, this national holiday helps spread adoption awareness (no matter the breed) and honors hard-working dogs in our communities across the nation who help guide those in need, perform search and rescue, enforce the law, detect bombs and drugs, give emotional support, and overall help make the world a better place.
Celebrate your rescue dog or adopt a new furry family member and spend quality time together in pet-friendly Pigeon Forge! There are SO many pet-friendly things to do in the area, like take a scenic walk, dine out, or even go shopping. And at Pigeon Forge TN Cabins, we love our pets and know how important it is to provide dog parents with a pet-friendly place to stay in Pigeon Forge, so you’ll have plenty of options.
8 Things to Do with Your Dog in Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge offers plenty of pet-friendly activities with your precious pup in the Great Smoky Mountains. Some of our favorite recommendations include outdoor fun, places to eat, and shopping centers.
- Stroll around The Island — an entertainment and shopping complex that is pet friendly and welcomes all dogs kept on a leash. Peruse shop windows, relax by the show fountain, and stop for a bite on the Mellow Mushroom patio.
- Float down the Little River with Tube River Rage that allows dogs to ride with you in your tube. Remember to bring a doggy lifejacket, a towel, water, and snacks for your fur baby, too!
- Enjoy yummy sweets at Maddog’s Creamery & Donuts that just so happens to offer homemade dog-friendly treats for your 4-legged friend. There are even tables and water bowls outside to complete the experience.
- Drop off your dog at Dollywood’s Doggywood for a day of play and pampering while you ride roller coasters, eat Southern treats, see musical shows, and grab souvenirs at this mountain theme park.
- Hike the pet-friendly Gatlinburg Trail in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Dogs must be kept on a 6-foot or shorter leash, and pet waste must be picked up immediately for wildlife safety.
- Walk along the Riverwalk Greenway that follows the Little Pigeon River through downtown Pigeon Forge. Start or end at Patriot Park with a picnic lunch and leashed fetch and peruse The Old Mill Square on your journey.
- Shop for new toys, beds, blankets, clothes, and dog-themed decor at the many pet shops in nearby Gatlinburg, including Holly & Willow’s Pet Barn, Paws & Claws Pet Fashion, and Bonediggity Barkery & Gifts.
- Unleash the fun at nearby Sevierville’s Unleashed PetSafe Dog Park that offers plenty of space for your pup to spread out, run, and play under the sun! There are even separate large and small dog areas.
Pet-Friendly Cabins in Pigeon Forge
Leaving your best friend — aka your dog who showers you with unconditional love daily — behind while you go on vacation can be worrisome and difficult for both parties. Plus, pet sitter and boarding facility fees are outrageous nowadays! Pigeon Forge TN Cabins understands and offers tons of pet-friendly cabins in Pigeon Forge so you can bring your fur baby with you to relax and enjoy the Smoky Mountains.
Best of all, our pet-friendly cabins have loads of amenities for all ages and range from budget-friendly to luxury to suit your needs and wants. Some even have walking trails nearby and fenced-in spots. And every pet-friendly cabin stay receives a few pet goodies, including waste bags and bowls, in addition to a starter kit that provides starting essentials (like toilet paper, a trash bag, soaps, and coffee bits) for your vacation.
Read in a rocker as the sun sets over the mountain with your pooch curled up by your feet. Wake up to sweet nuzzles by your king-size bed and a hot breakfast and coffee in the full kitchen. Enjoy entertainment in the home theater, soaks in the hot tub, and swims in your private pool. You can play arcade games with family and friends and play wrestle with your dog’s favorite toys in the living room. And pop into town to explore new sights, smells, and sounds with Fido!
- Mountain, river, or wooded views
- Private indoor pool to swim year-round
- Steamy hot tub to unwind
- Indoor jetted tub for spa baths
- Stone firepit for s’mores
- Wood burning, gas, or electric fireplaces
- Home theater with projector for movie nights
- Game room (pool, air hockey, arcade games, etc.)
- King, queen, full, and twin beds
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Gas or charcoal grill for cookouts
- Free high speed Wi-Fi to stay connected
- Washer and dryer to reuse provided towels
Show your dog appreciation, spread adoption awareness, and plan a memorable pet-friendly getaway to Pigeon Forge in honor of National Dog Day!
More Advice & Tips:
We all know who the best mom in the worl...
Celebrating Independence Day in Pigeon F...
The Comedy Barn in Pigeon Forge is known...
If you are coming to the Smoky Mountains...
Pigeon Forge is a family vacation locati...
A Bear’s Creek Plunge | 3 bedrooms | 3...