Making New Year’s resolutions is the fun and easy part…keeping them on the other hand, especially when on vacation, is another story. If you’re worried about keeping your resolutions when vacationing, choose to visit the Great Smoky Mountains in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. It is a beautiful place filled with fun attractions, cabins of all shapes and sizes, and nature galore! AND there are at least 7 New Year’s resolutions you can easily uphold when on vacation here — in the Smokies.
7. Staying Active
One of the top resolutions on almost everyone’s “new year, new me” list is staying active. Whether it’s planning to exercise more, just getting up and walking around throughout the day, or participating in activities that really raise your heart rate, staying active is a great resolution towards better health. And it’s important to stay healthy, even when on vacation. The Smoky Mountains has plenty of activities to keep you moving and make progress on this New Year’s resolution.
Activities to Keep You Moving in the Smokies
- Swim at your cabin with a private indoor pool.
- Bike or hike trails in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Walk along the Parkway to different attractions and shops.
- Stroll through area museums and amusement parks.
- Work out at your cabin’s community clubhouse.
- Ski, ice skate, or snowboard at Ober Gatlinburg.
- Play at the Bent Creek Golf Course.
6. Reconnecting with Nature
Many people have a hidden passion for nature…or at least want to be more mindful of the earth. Getting to know nature or reconnecting on a new level can be beneficial to your mental and physical state. If you feel like you’ve been plugged in for far too long and need to escape the hustle and bustle of city life, even for just a little while, the Smokies have you covered with plenty of ways to hang out with the natural world.
Ways to Hang out with Nature in the Smokies
- Sway in a rocking chair or on a porch swing with a cup of coffee and mountain, wooded, or river views at your cabin rental.
- White water raft down the Pigeon River rapids with Rafting in the Smokies.
- Fly-fish in the national park with the pros of Fly Fishing Guides.
- Zip line with a friend and fantastic eagle-eye views of the Smokies at Wears Valley Zipline Adventures.
- Choose from 800+ miles of hiking trails to explore in the national park.
- Take a scenic drive through of Cades Cove, an 11-mile loop through a stunning valley area.
- Horseback ride through the Smoky Mountain trees at Sugarlands Riding Stables.
5. Cooking Healthy Food
After eating cookies, cakes, pies, and candies throughout the holiday season, it’s not a bad idea to make a New Year’s resolution to cook healthier. And while a hotel won’t offer the resources needed to prepare your own meals, a private cabin with Pigeon Forge TN Cabins will. Every cabin features a fully equipped kitchen that is loaded with all the tools and appliances needed to prepare and serve delicious and nutritious meals throughout your Smoky Mountain stay. All you need are the ingredients!
Features in Your Cabin’s Fully Equipped Kitchen in Pigeon Forge
- Major appliances (including a fridge & range)
- Various minor appliances (including a blender & coffeemaker)
- Dining table/breakfast bar
4. Trying NEW Things
If you’re someone who’s ready to pluck up the courage to try new things this year, then Pigeon Forge and neighboring Gatlinburg have plenty of fun and entertaining opportunities for YOU! From skydiving and lumberjacking to snow tubing indoors and hiking with a llama, the Smokies is filled with unique things to try, so you can easily keep your New Year’s resolution.
Fun Attractions in the Smokies
- Hop aboard a Scenic Helicopter for a sky tour of the gorgeous mountains and cities.
- Splash with rays, play with penguins, and pet moon jellies at Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies!
- Putt putt on the rooftop of Crave Golf Club that also features mini bowling and escape games.
- Channel your inner lumberjack at Paula Deen’s Lumberjack Feud Show & Adventure Park.
- Make friends with a llama and hike the Smokies together with Smoky Mountain Llama Treks.
- Conquer your fear of skydiving by first doing it indoors at Flyaway Indoor Skydiving.
- Sip local wines along the Rocky Top Wine Trail that features 5 local wineries and free gifts along the journey.
3. Spending Quality Time with Loved Ones
Some people may resolve to spend more time with loved ones, but it’s equally important to not only be there but also be present. If you want to spend more quality time with your family and friends, a cabin in the Smoky Mountains is all you need. Whether you want to sweep your spouse away, get your old gal pal group back together, take your family on a vacation to remember, or gather everyone for a reunion, Pigeon Forge TN Cabins has plenty of options to suit almost any want or need — including pet friendly cabins!
Things to Do at a Pigeon Forge Cabin
- Soak tired muscles in the steamy hot tub with massaging jets.
- Sip cocoa and chat by the toasty fireplace with mountain views only a glance away.
- Play air hockey, foosball, pool, or arcade games together in the fun rec room.
- Watch movies in the private home theater with tiered seating and surround sound.
- Roast marshmallows and swap cool stories around the firepit.
- Host a cookout party with the gas/charcoal grill and outdoor table.
- Relax in the indoor jetted tub before slipping into the king-size bed with your love.
2. Traveling to Exciting Places
Want to travel to exciting places this year? Bingo! Simply by traveling to the Great Smoky Mountains, this New Year’s resolution is already upheld. Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, Tennessee, are excellent starting points for your travel journey. Each city is filled to the brim with thrilling attractions, Appalachian shops, and Southern cuisine. In fact, there are places here that don’t exist anywhere else in the world!
Unique to Pigeon Forge & Gatlinburg
- Ole Smoky Moonshine — most visited distillery in the nation
- Gatlinburg SkyBridge — longest pedestrian suspension bridge in North America
- Pigeon Forge Snow – first indoor snow park in America
- Great Smoky Arts & Crafts Community — the largest group of independent artisans in the nation
- Rail Runner at Anakeesta — currently the only single rail mountain coaster in the U.S.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park — most visited national park in the country
- Rowdy Bear Mountain Adventure Park — home to the world’s first mountain glider
1. Reading More
Are you tired of wondering if the book is really better than the movie? Maybe your screen time is taking over… Or perhaps you miss adventuring in other worlds, meeting new characters, and turning every page with anticipation. No matter the reason, reading more is an awesome resolution for the new year, and it’s a super easy one to uphold while you’re on vacation in the Smokies. Actually, it’s a preferred pastime with a glass of wine by a crackling cabin fireplace here.
Where to Buy Books Around Pigeon Forge
- Moon Pie General Store & Original Book Warehouse
- A Long Story Short
- His Place Christian Store
- Gifts for Memories
- Kryptonite Character Store (comics)
- Book Market
See? You can totally keep New Year’s resolutions when on vacation in the Smokies. In fact, Pigeon Forge is a great place to ensure you stick to them! So start planning your 2021 stay in the mountains today at 1.866.513.7885.
More Advice & Tips:
Pancakes are to Pigeon Forge as Philly c...
You wake up from your cozy bed, relaxed,...
Despite all of the attractions and enter...
Fall in Pigeon Forge means fun for all. ...
While you may be looking forward to Ch...
The world’s largest museum attraction—th...