Pigeon Forge is our jam. We love the scenery of the Great Smoky Mountains, the warm mountain days and cool mountain nights, outlet stores, creamy fudge, apple-flavored everything, and family-friendly attractions. If you keep up with our blog, you know we write about Pigeon Forge every week. It’s because we LOVE all things Pigeon Forge. Honestly, we could go on and on about the reasons we love Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, and the Great Smoky Mountains. But we won’t keep you all day. Here are our top 50 things we love about the area. Maybe you’ll find a new favorite on our list.
- Trying to break out of prison, halt an art thief, find gold, or stop an impending terrorist attack at The Escape Game Pigeon Forge at The Island.
- Walking beneath sharks, watching dive shows, and touching rays at Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies.
- A challenging hike up to Mt. LeConte.
- Spending the evening at the Smoky Mountain Opry.
- The charm of the Fun Time Trolleys in Pigeon Forge.
- Relaxing in a hot tub on our cabin’s deck – overlooking the mountains, of course.
- Riding roller coasters, watching shows, and eating cookies the size of our face at Dollywood.
- Charming wedding chapels in the woods, high above the mountains, and tucked in gardens.
- The fun, talented, and charming critters in the Amazing Animals show at The Comedy Barn.
- Handmade goods at the arts and crafts shows held by the Great Smoky Arts & Crafts Community each year.
- Hot summer days at Dollywood’s Splash Country.
- Watching fresh taffy being pulled at the Ole Smoky Candy Kitchen.
- The unique flavors and live music at Ole Smoky Moonshine at The Island.
- Posing for selfies on the bridge at Laurel Falls.
- A quiet day on the course at Bent Creek Golf Course.
- Beautiful waterfalls like Laurel Falls, Abrams Falls, and Rainbow Falls.
- Testing ourselves against the best at the Guinness World of Records Museum.
- The historic buildings along the Cades Cove Loop Road.
- High-adrenaline fun like Flyaway Indoor Skydiving.
- Watching the show fountain at The Island.
- Homemade meals in our own kitchen in the cabin.
- The long list of outdoor adventures, from hiking, biking, and horseback riding to picnicking, fishing, and wildlife watching.
- The food. You can get everything from Italian, Mexican, and Japanese to German, barbecue, and French.
- Cool Smoky Mountain nights cuddled up in front of the fireplace in the cabin.
- Putting around with family and friends at Ripley’s Old Mac Donald’s Farm Mini Golf and Ripley’s Davy Crockett Mini-Golf.
- Tapping our toes and singing along to the sounds and songs at Country Tonite.
- A glass of apple julep with our breakfast at The Apple Barn.
- Playing laser tag and driving go karts in Pigeon Forge. (We love some healthy competition!)
- The smell of creamy, fresh fudge everywhere you turn.
- Starting our morning with heartwarming music and comedy with the Smith Morning Variety Show.
- Getting our thrills on the exciting Alpine coasters in the area.
- Running from zombies (yes, you heard us right) at Outbreak: Dread the Undead.
- The rich culture of arts and music in the Smokies.
- Posing with celebrities and in front of the “Mount Rushmore” façade at the Hollywood Wax Museum.
- Its proximity to neighboring Gatlinburg, which offers double the attractions, restaurants, and shops!
- The way the Parkway lights up at night.
- Exploring the rooms, walking the Grand Staircase, and learning about the people aboard the RMS Titanic at the Titanic Museum Attraction.
- Filling up and having fun at dinner shows downtown. (Check out Dixie Stampede, Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Show, or Dolly’s Lumberjack Adventure.)
- Stoneground cornmeal, grits, and pancake mixes from The Old Mill Pantry.
- Living on mountain time. It’s always just a little bit slower here…
- Flying through the trees – and getting in some group time – at Smoky Mountain Ziplines.
- The holiday-themed events throughout the year, like Breakfast with the Easter Bunny (The Old Mill), the Halloween Carnival (The Island), and Winterfest (all throughout Pigeon Forge).
- It has something for everyone. From toddlers to seniors, couples to large groups, and everyone in between, Pigeon Forge keeps everyone entertained.
- Great deals on clothes, jewelry, and gadgets at Tanger Outlets.
- All the amazing spots for photos in town and in the mountains.
- Game night in the cabin after a long day playing downtown.
- Local wineries and distilleries along the Rocky Top Wine Trail. (Hillside, Apple Barn, Mountain Valley, Mill Bridge, Doc Collier Moonshine & Sugarland Cellars)
- The views from the top of the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel at The Island.
- The theatricality and music of the Darren Romeo – Magic Beyond Belief show.
- Cozy mountain cabins. Of course we love our Pigeon Forge cabins, and we hope you do, too! They’re loaded with amenities – including indoor pools, home theaters, game rooms, full kitchens, and comfortable living rooms – to make your getaway one to remember!
More Advice & Tips:
Summer always seems to fly by, which mea...
Even if you have already paid a visit to...
Since its establishment back in 1974, Sp...
Thanksgiving is a time for family, frien...
Have you and your loved ones been search...
No matter what time of year it is, there...