There are many reasons Pigeon Forge is a great destination for families. Kids especially love all the attractions you can find in Pigeon Forge, including Dollywood, Dollywood’s Splash Country, and WonderWorks. But Pigeon Forge isn’t all about the kids. Parents, too, can have a great time with all the fun things to see and do in Pigeon Forge! And right now is the perfect time to plan a parents-only getaway to the Smoky Mountains. With kids going back to school, parents will be free to take a weekend—or even a whole week—to themselves!
Take advantage of this time away and enjoy all the parent-friendly activities of Pigeon Forge. Below we’ve listed some of our top suggestions, but these are by no means all there is to enjoy during your visit to the Smokies!
- Go shopping. Sure, you take the kids shopping all the time. You buy their clothes, their toys, their necessities. But what about you? Your weekend or week-long getaway to Pigeon Forge is the perfect time to go shopping for yourself! And in Pigeon Forge, you will find a variety of places to shop at the Pigeon Forge Factory Outlet Mall. Whether you’re looking for apparel or furniture or even unique candles, the Factory Mall has got you covered.
- Go see a dinner show. A parents-only getaway is not complete without date night, and what date night is more unique than a Pigeon Forge dinner show? Pigeon Forge has plenty of options for live dinner shows, depending on what you’re looking for. The Smoky Mountain Opry promises a high-tech performance that is sure to impress. The Comedy Barn is full of big laughs, and the Murder Mystery Theater will challenge you to be the first to solve the murder. These are just a few of your options for live entertainment in Pigeon Forge, and if you can’t decide on one, no problem—parents’ weekend is the perfect time to splurge!
- Visit a local winery or brewery. When the kids stay home, that’s a great time to do the adults-only attractions you’ll find in Pigeon Forge, like visiting a local Tennessee winery or brewery. In Pigeon Forge, a couple of the great wineries you’ll find include Mountain Valley Vineyards and the Apple Barn Winery. Another fun activity is to check out the Rocky Top Wine Trail, which includes five wineries within 12 miles of each other in the Smoky Mountains. At each of the five wineries, you can taste their unique flavors, and at three locations you can take free tours of the wine cellars. But if local brew is more your thing, then check out the Smoky Mountain Brewery, where you can get good food and good beer right in the heart of the Smokies.
- Enjoy a nice dinner on the town. Pigeon Forge and the surrounding areas are full of nice, romantic restaurants for a night on the town. And a quiet dinner for two is just what the doctor ordered for parents who are busy all year long taking care of their kids. You need time together—to talk, reconnect, and unwind. So enjoy a nice dinner at The Greenbrier Restaurant or Crystelle Creek. You deserve it!
- Enjoy a peaceful night in the cabin. If a truly private retreat is what you’re after, then enjoy a night in at one of our romantic cabins for two. We have cabins with jetted tubs and outdoor hot tubs. We also offer special dinner packages and gift baskets that you can enjoy during your weekend away. Surprise your loved one with our Romantic Dinner for Two—you’ll return to your cabin to find two eight-ounce ribeye steaks, salad with dressing, baked potatoes with fixings, dinner rolls, sparkling cider, pound cake, strawberries, and whipped cream. Another fun option for your parents-only getaway is our Mountain Breakfast. You’ll get a dozen eggs, bacon, pancake mix with fixings, coffee, milk, orange juice, banana muffins, and assorted fruit! Our meal options are a great way to enjoy your time together with no distractions in the beauty of the Smoky Mountains!