Thanksgiving is a time for family, friends, and giving thanks for the many blessings we have in this country. It’s a time to celebrate loved ones, come together to enjoy good food, cook family recipes that have been passed down through generations, remember family members who have passed, and just enjoy quality time with those we love.
And what better way to celebrate than by getting away to a cozy Pigeon Forge cabin, outfitted with a fully equipped kitchen where you can make homemade holiday meals, dining rooms or kitchen tables where you can sit down for delicious Thanksgiving dinners, decks where you can unwind and have coffee after meals, and comfortable living rooms where you can crash when that turkey hits.
So if you’re heading to the Smokies for a Thanksgiving getaway, read on for ideas on what to do in the cabin. You can always explore downtown by shopping (the outlet is sure to have great deals on Black Friday), eating Thanksgiving dinner at a downtown restaurant, or going to a local attraction that the family will love. But if you want to stick around the cabin, we have 20 ways to celebrate Thanksgiving (in the cabin!) to get you started.
1. Cook a homemade meal (with passed-down recipes) in your fully equipped kitchen.
2. Make some sweet treats (like easy cookies) to enjoy while watching the Thanksgiving Day parade on your big screen TV.
3. Play pool, foosball, air hockey, shuffleboard, arcade games, or one of the other great games your cabin came with! (ask reservation specialists for details)
4. Head to your private movie theater in the cabin to watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.
5. Use your cabin’s Wi-Fi to get on Pinterest and find some fun Thanksgiving crafts for the kids.
6. Get outside (if your cabin has a yard or large driveway) and toss around the football.
7. Watch some football on your big screen TV.
8. Climb into the hot tub for a soothing soak before bed – just let all that stuffing settle first!
9. Slip in a quick nap after a big Thanksgiving lunch on a cozy couch, in a hammock on the deck, or in your comfy bed while watching a Thanksgiving movie.
10.Grab that book you’ve been aching to read and find a rocking chair or porch swing on the deck.
11. Take a dip in your private indoor pool or grab a float and relax.
12. Crack open that bottle of local wine and enjoy it alongside your turkey and potatoes.
13. Get online with your Wi-Fi and start planning out your Black Friday shopping trip.
14. Curl up in front of the fireplace while visiting with friends and family.
15. Bring your favorite board games (and cards) and have a family game night.
16. Write down what you’re most thankful for, toss in a jar, and let each person pick one to read after dinner.
17. Go outside and see how many different types of leaves you can find on the ground around the cabin. You can even make them into crafts with the kids!
18. Skype with family or friends who aren’t at the cabin and tell them Happy Thanksgiving!
19. Create a Thanksgiving-themed scavenger hunt for inside and around the cabin.
20. Order a Thanksgiving meal from a downtown restaurant and enjoy a family-style meal in the cabin – without the work.
However you celebrate Thanksgiving in the cabin, you’re sure to make some wonderful memories with those you love. And be sure to check out our blog around the holidays for vacation tips, recipes, information about upcoming events, and more. We’ll keep you up to date with what’s happening and give you some great ideas for making your Pigeon Forge vacation even more special.
Also, be sure to check out all the fun in downtown when you’re ready to get out of the cabin. There are dozens of attractions, including WonderWorks, the Titanic Museum Attraction, and the Rainforest Adventures Discovery Zoo, lots of shops, and plenty of places to eat and grab desserts.
More Advice & Tips:
Happy Holidays…almost. Halloween is fa...
A family vacation to Pigeon Forge this s...
If an opulent wedding with thousands of ...
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee has many indoor ...
If you’re looking for a more fun, spacio...
With the busy schedules of work, school,...