Many people choose to spend their Easter weekend in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. With Spring just around the corner, the mountain is full of budding life. Green grass is beginning to emerge, flowers are blooming, and the birds are busy singing their spring-time songs. If you choose to spend this Easter in Pigeon Forge, you don’t have to forgo some of the things that make Easter so special!
Traveling on Easter with children can be an especially difficult task for parents. You may wonder, where will I hold my egg hunt? Which church will I go to for my Easter Sunday services? And most importantly, who will take the picture of my kids with the beloved Easter Bunny?!
Never fear! There are dozens of Easter activities in Pigeon Forge, and this blog is here to help you plan your itinerary. Have a look, book your Easter cabin, and begin planning your spring-time Pigeon Forge getaway!
Easter Egg Hunts
- At the Pigeon Forge Community Center on March 30th. The Easter Bunny will also be here to help with the egg hunting fun! Contact 865-429-7373 for more information about this event.
- Sponsored by the Gatlinburg Community Police Programs, this egg hunt is for children ages one through twelve. The hunt will be held on March 30th at Mynatt Park at 12:00PM! There will be light refreshments served. Make sure you don’t forget your Easter egg basket!
Shopping & Shows
- The members of the Great Smoky Mountain Arts and Crafts Community will be coming together once more to host their annual Easter Arts & Crafts show. Held at the Gatlinburg Convention Center, the event is from March 28th through the 30th. Admission is free and the event will offer demonstrations and displays of hand crafted items. Snag some Easter goodies for next year’s decorations!
- The annual sidewalk sale at Pigeon River Crossings will take place from March 29th through the 31st. Offering huge discounts on name brand items, this is a sale you can’t pass up! Buy some new shoes at Rack Room, decorate your home at Old Time Pottery, or dress your husband in the finest from Burlington Brand.
Brunch & Pictures
- The Old Mill Square Pottery House Café and Grill will be hosting their annual Brunch with the Easter Bunny on March 30th. From 9:30 to 11:30AM, kids can enjoy Easter egg decorating, kid-friendly music, and old-fashioned games – all for free! The fun and games will continue until 2:00PM. The brunch requires reservations but it sure to be fun for parents and kids alike. Adult price is $13, while kids ages twelve and under are only $6 dollars. Menu items include muffins, pancakes, fried green tomato BLTs, strawberry spinach salad, soup, grilled cheese and more! Visit: https://www.oldmillsquare.com/events.htm for more information.
- The Incredible Christmas Place will be enjoying a visit from the Easter Bunny on March 30th. Get your photo taken and enjoy some fun! Contact 865-453-0415 or 800-445-3396 for more information about this event.
Easter Sunday Services
- The icing on the cake of your Easter activities would have to be the Easter Sunrise Service held at Ober Gatlinburg. From the top of Mount Harrison at the Ski Resort, the service is sponsored by the Gatlinburg Ministerial Association. Enjoying its 16th year, this annual event is thirty to forty minutes long and is nondenominational, inviting all to attend. Free tram rides to the top of the mountain will begin at 5:45AM – service begins at 6:30AM. Afterwards, a breakfast buffet will be served at the Ober Gatlinburg Restaurant.
More Advice & Tips:
Everyone gets a pizza craving every once...
The Island in Pigeon Forge is alluring f...
We have pet friendly cabins in Pigeon Fo...
The 4th of July may have passed but neve...
Mothers are dear to us in more ways than...
If you are still searching for the perfe...